Switching Campag Fulcrum wheels to Shimano / Sram ?

forever20
forever20 Posts: 6
edited July 2010 in Workshop
I have Fulcrum Racing Zero's with Campag rear hub. Can i use these wheels on a bike equipped with Shimano and / or SRAM?
So If i wanted to buy a Boardman Pro Carbon bike with SRAM could i change the rear wheel somehow to be compatible?
Or perhaps a Shimano equipped Cannondale Six?

Looking to buy a new bike but want o use my Fulcrums on whatever I get next & wondering how that limits (or not) my options- help appreciated of whats required & likely cost if known.
Bianchi EV3, Marin MTB

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Fit a new Shimano/SRAM freehub body - about £50.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Indeed, availible from Jim walker as the UK importer amungst others. Do however, be careful as to model number, as the, I think, pre 2008 Racing Zero used a different axel/freehub diameter so the new freehub doent fit the older wheels. Personal experience :cry:
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • forever20
    edited July 2010
    sorry just to be clear are the SRAM/Shimano freehub bodies the same - therefore my choice is not limited in choosing a new bike?
    Bianchi EV3, Marin MTB
  • forever20
    oh & my Zero's were bought last year - so i think they are 2009 model Zero's (dont think they were old stock)
    Bianchi EV3, Marin MTB
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Shimano/SRAM cassettes are inter-compatible.

Campagnolo part FH BO 015 is also the same and available for £46 from Ribble
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • forever20
    thanks monty dog / 4kicks, looks like all bikes open to me - hmm now which to choose ?
    Bianchi EV3, Marin MTB