turns3eh Posts: 31
edited August 2010 in Routes
Can anyone tell me what lotts wood is like in terms of ride. Cheers D
To Infinity and Beyond

Comments

• torgey33
    torgey33 Posts: 179
    i know its a 3 mile loop that gets raced on wednesdays,

Summit MTB Club do a lot up there, this is their web site, might be some info on there for you.

http://www.summitmtb.co.uk/default.asp
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20
    `10 Specialized fsr xc pro
  • torgey33
    torgey33 Posts: 179
    do u ride in that area, amersham, penn, chalfonts ?? if you know of any decent routes post them please, need to expand my horizon a bit, mostly ride a loop around penn, can squeeze about 10 miles out of it, mostly fast single track bridalways and paths. :)
    Whats That All About !

`06 Saracen Mantra
    `07 Scott Reflex 20
    `10 Specialized fsr xc pro
  • mea00csf
    mea00csf Posts: 558
    turns3eh wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what lotts wood is like in terms of ride. Cheers D

It's twisty single track, no real climbs, no big descents, nothing particularly technical unless your going to ride it really fast. Try contacting Summit MTB. They're a really friendly bunch, i went on 2 of their group rides but they ride a bit too far from where i live really for me to bother joining. they run xc races in Lotts woods i think
  • turns3eh
    turns3eh Posts: 31
    cheers all D
    To Infinity and Beyond
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    Hey,

Lotts wood is strange, I have done the summit race, its great for sprinting, and a great loop for racing but i wouldnt turn up there just for a ride, igood for training though.

Aylesbury cycling club ride on wednesday night/some friday nights, and sunday mornings,

They follow lots of different routes in wendover woods/coombe/pulpit/whiteleaf, and also going the other way over ashridge-berko etc, and the odd trip to milton keynes / wales etc/.... worth getting in contact, great group and they know some good trails!

cheers
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 276
    you wanna look up West Drayton Mountain bike Club

regular rides and caters for all sorts