What's the difference between Landis and Armstrong?

BikingBernie
BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
edited August 2010 in Pro race
All taken from the cyclingnews.com forum...

One wrote two books about being clean the other one.

Floyd hasn't blocked me on Twitter.

Q: What's the difference between Floyd Landis and Lance Armstrong?
A: One lied to a buttload of people about doping for years, the other lied to cancer patients

One resides anonymously in a rundown old Shack - the other lives in California.

One wants to keep the Santa fantasy going, the other doesn't.

One said "It's not about the bike".
The other said, "Where the hell are all the bikes??"

One receives nasty emails from Hein Verbruggen...
The other receives "Thank You" cards from Hein Verbruggen.

One cycled as a Mennonite
The other will soon be cycled by men at night.

:lol:

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,597
    I only laughed at the last one, sorry. Must try harder
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Don't give up the day job.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137

I stopped reading after this bit.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328

A: One lied to a buttload of people about doping for years, the other lied to cancer patients

I am all for a good joke but those are atrocious.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Moray Gub wrote:
    I am all for a good joke but those are atrocious.
    I thought that the 'bikes' and 'shack' ones weren't that bad, and surely Ian must find number two just a little bit funny?

Can anyone do better?
  • RichN95.

Can anyone do better?

Why would we bother? Unlike the cyclingnews forum posters, none of us feel the need to continually plead for acceptance by displaying our dislike for Armstrong every other post?
  • sampurnell
    sampurnell Posts: 126
    i know you dont Rich, but plenty of people on here are definatley on the hate wagon.
  • RichN95.
    sampurnell wrote:
    i know you dont Rich, but plenty of people on here are definatley on the hate wagon.

I neither love nor loathe, I'm more or less in the middle.

Yes, there are many here who greatly dislike him, but that wasn't my point. My point was that on this forum posters can converse on a wide range of cycling matters in an adult manner. Over at cyclingnews, they're forever posting about LA, regardless of the thread, just to prove to the others that they belong in their club. These 'jokes' are an example of a poster thinking "If I do a funny list of differences between Landis and Armstrong then the forum will accept me, they will know I'm one of them. Hey look forum! Please validate me!".

It's really quite pathetic. Most of the time we're above that sort of think over here. (Of course there are exceptions).
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Shouldn't this be in Cake Stop?
  • Seanos
    Seanos Posts: 301
    Pokerface wrote:
    Shouldn't this be in Cake Stop?

Or the Recycle Bin?
  • no just the dump
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    What's the difference between BB and Keith Chegwin? At least BB gives credit to where he steals crappy jokes from.
  • BikingBernie, You like to know so much about Lance.

Here's good trivia, Lance was born in 1970 I believe. Why was he named Lance??

This is not proof positive by any means, but Dallas is probably most associated with the Cowboys, NFL, American Football.

2 players on the team, big names, Lance Rentzel and Lance Allworth, the latter is probably in the hall of fame though when he played with the 'Boys is something one would have to track down since he also played with the San Diego Chargers. Both famous receivers.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    BikingBernie, You like to know so much about Lance.

This is not proof positive by any means, but Dallas is probably most associated with the Cowboys, NFL, American Football.

2 players on the team, big names, Lance Rentzel and Lance Allworth, the latter is probably in the hall of fame though when he played with the 'Boys is something one would have to track down since he also played with the San Diego Chargers. Both famous receivers.

Nah, Dallas is most associated with "Debbie"........
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    PBo wrote:
    BikingBernie, You like to know so much about Lance.

Nah, Dallas is most associated with "Debbie"........

So was Debbie :)
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917

BikingBernie, can you please do us all a favour and change the record about Armstrong, at least for a while?

I'd like to think I'm a pretty relaxed kinda fella, and I am intrested in reading about doping cases, but you really do need to take a break. Every thread I open that has any suggestion of doping and you turn it into a Armstrong bashing session.

I can't speak for everyone else, and I'm sure a lot will tell me to ignore you, but I just can't believe someone could be that obsessive.

And I have said to you before, I'm not some Armstrong fanboy and I wouldn't bet my life savings against him being clean his whole career, I just wish we could take about something else.

The fact your signature pic has him with a needle, tells me you're a bit nuts..;-)

Go for a ride or something.
  • grandad3
    grandad3 Posts: 322
    I think we all know that BB likes to comment on LA and I like to see what BB has to say. Wether its taking the pxss or giving us info, I for one like to read it.

I'm looking forward to the day when LA is totally discredited with his cycling acheivemnents like many dopers have been and then after a while it will all go quiet on these forums re LA.
    'Collapse the Light into Earth'
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    sampras38 wrote:

BikingBernie, can you please do us all a favour and change the record about Armstrong, at least for a while?

The fact your signature pic has him with a needle, tells me you're a bit nuts..;-)

+1

He really does need to get his head showered!
  • Steve2020
    Steve2020 Posts: 133
    sampras38 wrote:

It's annoying when people on forums tell other people how to spend their time. He might ride 500 miles a week for all you know.

I like reading Biking Bernie's posts and a lot of the links he posts are very interesting (the graph!)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    grandad3 wrote:
    I think we all know that BB likes to comment on LA and I like to see what BB has to say. Wether its taking the pxss or giving us info, I for one like to read it.

I'm looking forward to the day when LA is totally discredited with his cycling acheivemnents like many dopers have been and then after a while it will all go quiet on these forums re LA.

As long as LA breathes it will never go quiet in these forums too many haters are obsessed by him for it to be otherwise.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Moray Gub wrote:

As long as LA breathes it will never go quiet in these forums too many haters are obsessed by him for it to be otherwise.

Seems to me there's plenty of noise from the apologists too, eh MG? ;)
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    Steve2020 wrote:
    sampras38 wrote:

It's annoying when people on forums tell other people how to spend their time. He might ride 500 miles a week for all you know.

I like reading Biking Bernie's posts and a lot of the links he posts are very interesting (the graph!)

OFCS...I was being sarcastic..

:roll:

I understand it's a popular topic, but every bloody thread....?
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Lances' Dad was an astronaut who landed on the moon apparently.

Though his real name was Gudnerson so I read once.
  • dougzz wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Seems to me there's plenty of noise from the apologists too, eh MG? ;)

I feel let down by LA having been inspired by his story and future success.
    However im in the sceptic camp these days. But realy, why are so many threads poisoned by the Pro/Anti LA nonsense is beyond me.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833

I feel let down by LA having been inspired by his story and future success.
    However im in the sceptic camp these days. But realy, why are so many threads poisoned by the Pro/Anti LA nonsense is beyond me.

It's so easy. When you realise how the thread is going just leave it alone. Given the thread was called "What's the difference between Landis and Armstrong" what did you really expect to find? Given the number of people willing to post on LA threads it seems to me lots of us are still happy to continually go down the same old path, if that's the case why does it concern those that have had enough, just keep on moving and ignore the thread. Simples :)
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    dougzz wrote:
    Given the thread was called "What's the difference between Landis and Armstrong" what did you really expect to find?

I'm surprised no one has brought up the reason Lance is called 'Juan Pelota'...