transition covert

ranvir
ranvir Posts: 155
edited July 2010 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys, Just after some expert advice. I am looking into buying a transition covert from my lbs. The owner sugested that i should go for the fox 36 talas forks as they would suit the bike. The forks that i were looking into buying were the RS revelation 150mm forks with 20mm bolt thru and blackbox. The main reason for this is to save weight and also to save a few pennies. Would 10mm make that much difference to the bikes performance and handling. The majority of my riding would be either trail centres in north wales, north engalnd and peak district. Oh, im also planning a trip over to the alps aswell. Your advice would be great full. thanks.

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    I am green with envy...my partners sisters fella has just had one built by Noah's Ark in baby blue and it's stunning...he went for Talas and thinks it was thye best choice..also not sure that the Rev's come in tapered ? Therefore you will (99% sure) need a special headset or i.e Chris King etc for the standard steerer tube which ain't going to be cheap..so I would spend the extra on the Talas and have the fork tuned to the headtube..
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • ranvir
    Just need to choose a colour now. The frame that i saw is in white which looks good but im swaying towards the green. decision decisions. :lol:
  • Pudseyp
    Where you getting it from ?? Noah's Ark are doing the frames for £1,299 inc RP23 and a full build for £2,800 (obviously you can spec up) the base build is great to be honest, full X9, Elixir CR, Thomson, fox van RLC FIT Cartridge fork........yummy
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    there are 2011 revelations with tapered steerer but only in 15mm bolt through.
  • Pudseyp
    Cheers..didn't no that....all the 2010 are standard. I guess we will see more forks available in tapered as more manufactures change to tapered headtubes...to me it's a small advantage over more cost
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    the headset can be a pain, but i can be cheaper to get two basic headsets and then use half of each. You also get a spare set of bearings if you're lucky!!
  • ranvir
    buying the bike from crosstrax in leeds. Im just waiting for a price now. hopefully ill get a bit of discount so should get the bike between 2300-2500. Mrs thinks im getting it for £1500 she would rip my head off if she really knew what i was spending. :wink: