Hub and cassette dilemma

luki
luki Posts: 7
edited July 2010 in Workshop
Hi all,
has anybody tried and succeed in fitting a campagnolo 11sp cassette onto a shimano hub?
I know it's possible to buy cassettes with campy spacing that fit on shimano's hubs but so far I can't find anything for 11 sp..
I have tried here but no success http://www.byercycles.co.uk/10R0908.html
I have an athena group and would like to use dura ace wheels..there must be a way iI'm sure (or maybe not... :? )
can I use 10 sp cassette if it comes to? would it work ok with the athena derailleur?
any advice would be apreciated
thanks a lot

Comments

• Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    Highpath can supply you with a spacer kit. Use the selector for Shimano sprockets with Campy 11 speed gears:
    http://www.highpath.net/
  • luki
    Thank you!!! :P :P
    I was reading the notes, what an interesting website!!
    Thanks again!!
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    You will not get 11sp on to a Shimano freehub. It is shorter than a Campag one.
  • Weejie54
    Weejie54 Posts: 750
    You will not get 11sp on to a Shimano freehub. It is shorter than a Campag one.
    That's right, it's 3mm shorter but you can space 10 shimano gears to work on a Campy 11 speed drivetrain. The info is on Highpath's site.
  • John.T
    Seems a waste of the 11sp Campag group. Plenty of good wheels out there that will take Campag 11.
  • luki
    John.T wrote:
    Seems a waste of the 11sp Campag group. Plenty of good wheels out there that will take Campag 11.
    Thanks
    What would you suggest as equivalent to dura ace ( quality and price )?
  • John.T
    Just check out Campag, Fulcrum, Mavic, Easton, DT Swiss and more. You will find devotees of all these on here (and some who don't like them). Just compare specs, price, weight etc and get the ones that you most like the look of that are suitable for the use you intend them for.