Les Arcs

fyldesmurf
fyldesmurf Posts: 412
edited July 2010 in Routes
Has anyone been? I've read on the internet its less hardcore downhill orientated than morzine but just wanted personal opinions.

Also is lift access etc good

finally will a giude be necessary or is it quite easy to navigate?

Comments

• tuxpoo
    tuxpoo Posts: 138
    Les arcs is all about lift assisted epic singletrack and trail riding.
    First year I did in on a hardtail.

Its also about being empty :D

There is ONE downhill track in 1600.

Dunno about guiding. It really depends on how good you are at reading maps.
    Get the all weather map from amazon. Les Arcs, La Plagne ~ IGN Top 25 3532ET
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arcs-Plagne-3532ET-Outstanding-Weather/dp/0755834747/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280134360&sr=1-3

Heres a link is some of the routes trailaddiction use (but not all). You can hire guides tho.

http://www.mtbtechniques.co.uk/Maps/Les%20Arcs%20Trail%20Map.pdf

When are you going?
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    www.trailaddiction.co.uk - Highly recommended.
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)
  • Fully
    Fully Posts: 257
    Never heard a bad word said about Trail Addiction. I am off there this Friday for a week. i've got a couple of days guiding booked with TA, but we're staying in Bourg St Maurice so that my wife has access to a pool/shops/cafes/etc.

The area does seem to be so much more about singletrack descents than out & out DH stuff. Don't let that give you the impression that the riding is by any means easy though. Just have a look at the videos on Vimeo, Youtube and Trail Addictions facebook group and you'll see some amazing technical riding.
    Forget your heart, it's your bank i wanna break, it's just yer money i'm after baby...

A Few Pics
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    I was there at the beginning of July. Fantastic trails around there made all the more beautiful by not having to do any uphill peddaling!! :D
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)