Packing...

jpstar
jpstar Posts: 561
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
God, packing up rooms into small carboard boxes is so boring :cry: Even worse when considered I'm moving to Suffolk... Although, I do have a box only for riding gear which is alright :)

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,046
    Meh, I've got to move our factory next week.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    jpstar wrote:
    God, packing up rooms into small carboard boxes is so boring :cry: Even worse when considered I'm moving to Suffolk... Although, I do have a box only for riding gear which is alright :)

What do you think's wrong with Suffolk?
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • jpstar
    the part im moving to is a little flat. Hadleigh, and being too young to drive means getting to somewhere like thetford is a bit harder. Otherwise nice area though.
  • spongtastic
    There's hill's around Hadleigh, not very big, but there's hills. Roads are nice and quiet though for on road stuff.

• jpstar
    I might have to get a roadie or just slick up the mtb for training, which is getting out on the bike :) Take it your from Suffolk?
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    jpstar wrote:
    the part im moving to is a little flat. Hadleigh, and being too young to drive means getting to somewhere like thetford is a bit harder. Otherwise nice area though.

It's East Anglia... It's all flat. :lol: Actually, to be fair it's not as flat and featureless as some make out. Granted it's not Scotland or North Wales, but we do have "some" undulations.

Seriously for a minute, how about the following options...

Train to Brandon... Cycle to Thetford (Only a couple of miles).

Woodbridge is just the other side of Ipswich, and with it comes Rendlesham Forest, and/or Tunstall.
  • jpstar
    Yeah I would've got a train to Thetford but that means a bike ride to Ipswich (under 10 miles though, so not too bad) what is Rendlesham forest like?
  • pte1643
    Parents (?) drop you off at the Train Station? Or moving to Uni?

Rendlesham has a couple of reasonable length trails, but they are graded Green, so not much (nothing) really in the way of technicality.

But they have a (Small) purpose built bike park... Table Tops, Kickers, North Shore, you know the sort of thing.
  • jpstar
    Moving up there and going to college (Suffolk ONE) but it's during the holiday's so parents working full time :( But I will get fitter through it :)
    I'll definitely check out Rendlesham Forest then. Cheers pte1643
  • pte1643
    Not much info, but gives an idea...

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/trail/United- ... orest/498/
  • spongtastic
    jpstar wrote:
    I might have to get a roadie or just slick up the mtb for training, which is getting out on the bike :) Take it your from Suffolk?

Nope, I'm from Essex, but work in Suffolk. As I usually do 50+ hours a week I try and fit in at least 2x 2 hour rides as a sort of 'lunch break'

The whole Suffolk Coastal Area around Woodbridge is good. But it's all pretty sandy, which is why it's called the 'Sandlings', no super light no tread XC tyres.

Rendlesham, if you've got a good sense of direction like I have just ride into the forest, there's plenty of 'unofficial trails' that have been made by dirt bikes or just other riders. I usually do 15-25 miles depending on how fast etc. I find The 10 mile route is less challenging than the 6 mile, but I only use them as reference rides. Also there's quite a bit of gorse and pine about.

Tunstall is better, but there's no real marked trails, again it's sandy.

Dunwich, through to Walberswick has some nice tight trails through the marshes with steps and boardwalks.

Dunwich Heath/Sizewell has some very fast tracks, again pine & gorse.

Basically, there's loads of trails, bridleways etc but you have to find a challenge, be it distance, speed or both as it's all relatively flat.