Dalby Forest Map download?

keith1200rs
keith1200rs Posts: 97
edited July 2010 in Routes
Anyone know where I can download a map of the marked trails? The Dalby Forest web site is cr@p and says you can get one from the visitor centre for free but as I will be riding from Scarborough I would rather go with a map than have to ride to the far end just to ride back up again. I found a scanned one on Flickr but it is out of date - the black run near Jerry Noddle isn't shown, for example.

Thanks.

Keith.

Comments

• bmbgrs
    bmbgrs Posts: 23
    If you're after a map of the black run, it isn't on the current maps given out at the visitor centre or bike shop. Only red, blue and green.
  • Thanks, that saved me cycling down to the visitor centre and getting the same map I already have found. Maybe I will just have to ride it and see where I end up!

Thanks,

Keith.
  • Oh, no, I haven't seen that one. Thanks a lot!

Keith.
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    pvtpile wrote:

The black on that map is the old one, the signs have mostly been removed & some bits are no longer useable. One DH in particular is now a walkway. The new black route is the world cup circuit, it's more like a black than most of the old was. Not sure if there's a map of it yet, but you might find a GPS somewhere. The red/black section that goes down towards Medusa's Drop is different to the old trails as well.
  • Thanks. There is certainly a black downhill near Jerry Noddle that isn't shown on the map. Do you know what it is like?

Keith.
  • switchback18
    switchback18 Posts: 617
    Thanks. There is certainly a black downhill near Jerry Noddle that isn't shown on the map. Do you know what it is like?

Keith.

There's a downhill only that's got some big stuff, but it's not part of any loop, you have to walk back up. It's ridable on an XC bike but you need a bit of bottle & you could break it!
  • Sounds a bit too risky then - I have to ride 13 miles home afterwards!

Thanks,

Keith