half decent tyres?

daj
daj Posts: 139
edited July 2010 in Road beginners
on the look out for another set of tyres current ones are GP4000s but cant really afford to spend £60

What else is decent for less pounds please? :?

Cheers

Comments

• stock
    stock Posts: 56
    edited July 2010
    Fella on ebay (shop) is selling pair's of Gatorskins for £35 with free delivery
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    You van get 2 GP4000S from ribble for £50.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    vittoria rubino pro 3's

roll better than contis as well
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • marin_maniac
    marin_maniac Posts: 513
    GP4000s without question. On my ride yesterday, I had to check a few times that I didn't have a puncture as the ride was so supple!
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Hi Daj, not sure of your budget but I have found the Bontracer Race Lites to be pretty good training tyres for the money (less than £15 a go and you can even colour match). I still have an old pair of 25's which I now use on my hybrid. They have done a load of miles, used in all weathers, and no p*nctures (doh, that will be them cursed now).

They are not as good as some tyres (like Krylion Carbons, etc.) but you get what you pay for.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Pro Race 3's - you can for around £45 a pair - these are great tyres - although the puncture resistance isn't brilliant.

Krylions - I got a pair for £40 - from CRC - had to wait a few weeks for delivery- and haven't tried them yet. Heard lots of people say that these are the best compromise between performance and puncture resistance.
  • johnnyL
    johnnyL Posts: 36
    I 2nd the Bontracer Race Lites.

Used these on my daily 30 mile all weather commute across london for years and never got a p******. Good value. Wear well too.
    skinny as
  • paul.k
    paul.k Posts: 90
    i use the bontrager race aw cheap enought and very tough,good in the wet/and dry done 900 miles so far and are like new ,recommended, think they are about £15 each
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    I've got a pair of brand new Schwalbe Ultremo Rs you can have for £40 plus p+p :)
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    GP4000S from High On Bikes for £50 all up?
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • red dragon
    red dragon Posts: 263
    +1 for schwalbe ultremo`s
  • PeterBL
    PeterBL Posts: 209
    Continental Grand Prix (not 4000) http://www.conti-tyres.co.uk/conticycle ... prix.shtml maybe?

They seem to take some of the goodness from GP4000S but in a cheaper package. I don't know where it's cheapest though.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    vittoria rubino pro 3's

roll better than contis as well

+1 :D
    Richard

Giving it Large