Fuel Stops

Rouge Penguin
Rouge Penguin Posts: 347
If youre out on a longer ride, how often do you pull over and scoff? Or do you just get on with it and eat/drink on the wheel.

Comments

• extremepig
    extremepig Posts: 23
    Nice to stop and have a stretch on a longer ride so will tend to eat then. I was thinking of getting one of these http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Topeak-Tri-Bag- ... _19305.htm so I can nibble more regular without the need to stop.
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    Nibble on the bike - but if you're out all day - stop to stretch legs, take a comfort break etc.
  • How far in, 30 miles? 40? or do you go further?
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Eat on the bike, only time I stop are at traffic junctions and traffic lights. If I run out of fluid I will also stop at a garage/shop to get more fluid.
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Surely it depends on why you are riding in the first place, the duration of the ride and your bike handling skills.

For me if I can't pull it out of my back jersey pocket and easily open it with my teeth then I'm afraid my bike handling skills dictate that I get off however I rarely eat anything if the ride is 3 hours or less and even if I do it is usually a sugary sweet such as wine gums that I can easily pick out from my jersey pocket without stopping.

Over 3 hours and I will stop at least once though if I do a climb I haven't been over before or it's a nice day I will stop at the top of big climbs and take in the view, stretch my legs and wring out the pads in the my helmet :lol: I rarely stop for more than 5 mins or so as I find the legs hard to get going again.