My First Bike... BMC RaceMaster

simmo0916
simmo0916 Posts: 10
edited July 2010 in Your road bikes
Never has my own pain looked so good! This is my first bike, and i LOVE it.
She treats me nicely. I have made a few changes, i.e the saddle is the DEJEUX Limited Edition FIZIK Antares. Im Running Schwalbe R1's in a lovely matching Blue, and the bars were changed for some FSA compacts.

Hope you all like it.

BMC.jpg

BMCRear.jpg

BMCFront.jpg

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Mmmm... loving the conti' inner tubes.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • elevated
    elevated Posts: 126
    Very nice! Not sure about the blue tyres with red wheels, that's just my taste though!

I'll answer your question from my thread here:
    simmo0916 wrote:
    Quick question for you mate.... my RaceMaster is a 52 frame... but for some reason the Pro Machine gaps this with 51 and 53 :( Have you any idea how it sizes up to the RaceMaster?

Your 52cm Racemaster has a top tube length of 545mm. You're right that the Pro Machine sizes fit either side of this - 540mm for the 51cm and 550mm for the 53cm.

Looking at your bike I can see the saddle isn't super high, and the stem looks about 100mm. I'd recommend going for a 51cm Pro Machine and a 10mm longer stem. This'll give you the reach back (plus a little bit more) and as it's in the stem it'll be a bit of a boost when climbing.

A 53cm is going to be too big I reckon.

I would sell the Racemaster and get a cheap bike for winter (with full guards). Unless you just mean using it as a second bike, in which case that's fine!
    BMC Pro Machine | Ribble Gran Fondo | Planet-X SL Pro Carbon | Specialized Langster 2008 | Ribble Winter Sloping | Trek 8000 | Onza Blade 2009

My site » AssosFables :: Assos news & reviews
  • simmo0916
    simmo0916 Posts: 10
    Elevated, you are a star. thanks for a sterling answer.

About the red wheels and blue tyres... Im just waiting for a set of white DT Swiss 1450's, which will look lovely instead of the fulcrums.

Again, cheers for the answer, BMC rules the way!

Alex
  • El Diego
    El Diego Posts: 440
    That's a lovely bike you've got there. Not fair that it's your 1st bike though, I had to make the mistake of buying and riding a hybrid for a year!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    edited July 2010
    I really like the look of the Racemasters. That colour scheme is rather 8)

It's a bit tricky to ask you how it compares to a carbon framed bike if its your first one....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Very nice..... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • Doombrain
    Doombrain Posts: 360
    nice, but i think it's better in black & yellow...
    LOL road riding.
  • Im thinking of paying decent money for my second road bike after riding a second hand K2 for over a year (dont ask a friends dad bought it in America about 3 years ago and stopped using it)...

I really like the BMC bikes and would be using it all year round including a 16 mile a day commute. Can you get mudguards to fit the BMC's frames? It doesnt look like they provide alot of room.

Any help would be great!
    I love BMC, Pinarello and Wilier more than my mrs!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    3 things.

1. Lovely looking bike.
    2. I see you have some pretty useful security for her there.
    3. Is your saddle pointing down a bit? May just be the angle of the photo.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...