North Wales

spykes
spykes Posts: 31
edited July 2010 in Routes
Hey guys trying to plan a short notice trip to North Wales 4 lads not fit but what we lack in fitness and skill, we try to make up with determination :P

Anyway need to know the best places and routes to try so suggestions most welcome.

Also if anybody knows of some decent accomodation that is no more than say 40 mins away, that would be great. Most places booked but will find something.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    Llandegla is pretty easy routes wise if fitness is a little bit lacking - its not too long. There is a skills area as well.

The hostel in Llangollen is good - I stayed there earlier this year. Its not long been open and is clean and tidy. Also they have a shed where you can lock your bike and they give you the key.

From Llangollen you can also go for a spin along the canal if you fancy a longer route that is easy to ride (and navigate)
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Stay at the many hotels found in Llandudno, and pop down through Llanrwst to do the Marin trail and Penmachno trails. :D
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    I'm off to Betws y Coed this weekend, will be riding Penmachno, Coed y Benin and Llandegla. There is also the Marin local to Betws, you may struggle for accommodation at short notice though.
  • spykes
    spykes Posts: 31
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

We want self catering if we can may well end up going later than we wanted but at least its cheaper