Viner Magnifica

stuaff
stuaff Posts: 1,736
edited July 2010 in Your road bikes
Back from being repaired in Tuscany at the end of June (BB shell unbonded from the frame), rebuilt last week with a new spec, ready for doing London to Paris in September:
4800531372_1ac94156fb_b.jpg

Frame & forks: Viner Magnifica ('08 model):
Bars: Deda Zero 100
Stem: ITM Millenium carbon
Headset: FSA
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex & gel pads

Front Brake Lever: Campagnolo Athena
Front Caliper: Campagnolo Athena
Rear Brake Lever: Campagnolo Athena
Rear Caliper: Campagnolo Athena

Shifters: Campagnolo Athena
Cables: Gore Ride-on
Front Mech: Campagnolo Athena
Rear Mech: Campagnolo Athena

Saddle: Fizik Antares Gamma
Seat Post: Deda Metal Stick
Seat Post Clamp: Viner

Cranks: Campagnolo Athena carbon
Chainring(s): Campagnolo Athena compact
Chain: Campagnolo Chorus
Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus 12-27
Pedals: Shimano XT-M770 SPD

Front & Rear Wheels: Campagnolo Zonda 2-Way Fit
Tube: Schwalbe
Tyres: Schwalbe Durano Plus 700x25

SPDs fitted because I like being able to walk around properly, and that's what I've got on my other three bikes. 700 x 25s and bar gel because I thought rather than getting rattled about on the cobblestones of the Champs-Elysees and then wishing I had them, fit them now (and they make for more comfortable training, it's a very smooth ride). And it's the old Deda alu post rather than a nice new carbon one as I'll be using a Carradice SQR bag to take my gear up to London rather than lugging it all on my back, and clamping 10 kg on a carbon post is obviously not recommended...!
Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011

Comments

• White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Looks like you took a real photo of your bike (with film). If that doesn't show how much you love it I don't know what does.

No bottle cages? Might need some for London to Paris. :wink:

Looks nice btw.
  • stuaff
    White Line wrote:
    Looks like you took a real photo of your bike (with film). If that doesn't show how much you love it I don't know what does.

No bottle cages? Might need some for London to Paris. :wink:

Looks nice btw.

Thanks. It was indeed a 'real' photo, I don't have a digital camera. Bottle cages (Elite tricolore ones) were on order and now fitted.
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Wow - blingtastic! Is that actually a standard finish now? Nice that they repair rather than bin like most companies would do.

Watch out for stick for the tyres though - I got into trouble over weighing down my Look with the standard Duranos (25mm too) :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • stuaff
    Rolf F wrote:
    Wow - blingtastic! Is that actually a standard finish now? Nice that they repair rather than bin like most companies would do.

Watch out for stick for the tyres though - I got into trouble over weighing down my Look with the standard Duranos (25mm too) :lol:

The newer Magnificas (revised frame from '09 onwards) have a much more restrained scheme. I like mine, just wish it wasn't so shouty. They did a great job at a reasonable price- repainted as well (though it's still got the teeny dink in the top tube from where it fell over on the first day I had it :oops: ).
    As for the tyres- I'm not exactly the fastest guy in the world, and I'd rather the bike was prepared for bad roads than getting jolted and wish I had 25mm/gel/etc. Took it over some juddery tarmac on Saturday, coped with it really well (better than my Jetstream- 40mm tyres, carbon bars, rear shock...!). Smoother=faster for me, anyway.
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Really nice bike... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • stuaff
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Really nice bike... 8)

Thanks. Looking a bit more 'weathered' now, unfortunately, as a result of my prang Saturday morning- the right pedal got thoroughly scraped, rear derailleur's a bit scratched up, cable end got ripped off...Grrr!
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Aw mate... Your have some Bad luck at the moment, how did you fall off/ prang it?
  • stuaff
    markmod wrote:
    Aw mate... Your have some Bad luck at the moment, how did you fall off/ prang it?

Reigate Hill, yesterday morning. Argued with a cats' eye, apparently (can't remember a thing about it) and came off worst.....