Santacruz Blur LT2 Stolen

Yeti811
Yeti811 Posts: 293
edited November 2010 in MTB stolen
Hi my Santacruz blur LT2 was stolen last night with three other bikes and four pairs of forks. I want to post them on BR but dont know how to add images within the posting like I see others being able to do. I can put in links to flickr and picassa but would like image to be there with description, please help??? Or direct me to topic that show me how to.
Thanks
Dan
There’s one last favour I ask of you
See that my bike’s kept clean
HMHB

Comments

• wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    (image%20location,%20ie%20flickr%20address%20etc)

but without the spaces.
  • ade73
    ade73 Posts: 70
    also keep your eyes open on ebay just in case they sell on there

and or any other websites that sell items
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Fro posting images read the FAQs the info is there.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    1st you need to save your images to a hosting site such as photobucket or flikr etc etc.
    Next you need to right click the image and go to properties and you will see an address (URL), you need to highlight, right click and copy this address. Next you come to bike radar and click the Img button which is found above the box you type messages into, leaving no spaces you then paste the address (URL) that you copied from the image hosting site and finally click the Img button at the top et voile (hopefuly :wink: )

will look something like this but without the spaces between the things and the address;stuff015.jpg

Note, the address is not the one found in the address bar at the top of the page but the one found when right clicking the image and going to properties.

Hope this makes sense and helps :)
  • Yeti811
    edited July 2010
    Thanks guys for your help in setting up images; here we go, lets see what happens.

The rest of the pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/51017419@N03/

If anybody sees the bike or any of the the bits please let me know

4824342460_78cc5fb9d6.jpg

4824306450_944b796f6e.jpg

4824297704_8f50e4e434.jpg
    HMHB
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Classic mistake, don't copy the address which is at the top of the screen, right click the actual image and copy the address you find when you click properties and the box come up

ie

Without the spaces looks like;

• Konadad
    Konadad Posts: 51
    hi guys i'm dans mate so i've sorted the pics for him, guess the bike rides off dan :(

worked out how to do the pics like stefano says, will call you

4824299486_44dba9ed32.jpg

4823690579_8e3e14df26.jpg
    i would rather be on mary towneley
  • Yeti811
    Nothing from anyone yet - but thanks for all the help in getting pics up.
    HMHB
  • e.speed
    e.speed Posts: 12
    I feel for you. dont worry i shall keep my eyes out
  • Yeti811
    Quick updtae -

after weeks of monitoring ebay - found what I allegedly think is the frame an ebay.
    Same colour
    Same size
    Same shock
    Same front mech
    Same moon shaped scratch on the rear stay - even though his pics from iphone

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

Ring the police who were helpful but tied by ebays data protection rules and cant get sellers address immediately.

Why? I pay ebay zillions along with everyone else?

Asked a few mates to ask the guy questions and he ended the sale early.

I sent him a message highlighting the frame number andI warned him after the sale ended that the police may contact him. He said he would give them the contact details of the guy he sold it to... he said the frame number I gave him was not the one on the bike - I would love to have been able to verify this...

It goes on, and on. I am not ranting just bemused by how an internet based society cannot work for itself within itself.

Ho hum :cry:
    HMHB
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Yeti811 wrote:

Yeti811 - have you looked at his feedback? Seems to sell a fair amount of random bike parts: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... world=true
  • l0key
    l0key Posts: 25
    could be well versed in stripping down stolen bikes to sell the components then as there harder to say that's mine, you dirty tea leaf.

Or he could be a genuine seller who like all of us I'm sure buys bits for his bike then sees a newer shiny bit and buys that and offloads the old one.

Fact he ended the auction after discussing frame numbers makes it suspicious.

Another place to look for toe rags is http://www.gumtree.com