Contador Sliding?

ad4m
ad4m Posts: 8
edited July 2010 in Pro race
Was Contador sliding off his saddle today during the TT, as he seem to keep pushing himself back every few seconds. Paul Sherwin said it was to make him more Aerodynamic, but it looked to me like it was a saddle sloping problem, which would have been annoying :(

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    He's always had that.
  • Westerberg
    Westerberg Posts: 652
    he's my bet for this years GC
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    Westerberg wrote:
    he's my bet for this years GC

I wonder what odds you would get for that at the bookies?
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    He's always had that.
    I'm surprised he doesn't tilt his saddle up a little. It usually fixes this problem.

Happened to me on my TT bike today, because I've been messing around with my saddle position. Once I fixed it, it was so much easier to get the power out.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    He's always had that.
    I'm surprised he doesn't tilt his saddle up a little. It usually fixes this problem.

But I wonder if it is actually a problem, or the continual slight change of angles actually reduces fatigue for him in the same way that you see Hutchison take his little micro rests from pedalling.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    According to Phil, he was actaually pulling himself forward...
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    jibberjim wrote:
    Jeff Jones wrote:
    He's always had that.

But I wonder if it is actually a problem, or the continual slight change of angles actually reduces fatigue for him in the same way that you see Hutchison take his little micro rests from pedalling.
    Could be that I guess. He does it pretty regularly. Schleck was doing it too, just not as often.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    Is it not something they do as being further forward you can get over the pedals more and put more power down hence why your seat is only allowed to be "so close" (forward) to the bottom bracket?

I don't explain it all that well like!!
    cartoon.jpg
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,605
    I just know I've never seen someone slide as much as that since Damiano Cunego in the Giro in 2006
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I just know I've never seen someone slide as much as that since Damiano Cunego in the Giro in 2006

Gesink in TDS? He looked like he was playing musical chairs with himself.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    That new TT bike doesn't seem to have suited AC all year - back to the drawing board