2011 Madone 4.5

themightyw
themightyw Posts: 409
edited October 2010 in Your road bikes
Still needs a bit of TLC, but here's my new 2011 Madone. Very much a marmite bike - you either hate it or you love it. The matt black looks great. Standard bike has black wheels, saddle etc but I've lightened it up a tad with some white accessories. Some parts are 'downgraded' from previous years (the 2009 version that this is replacing as it was written off had an Ultegra rear derailleur for example) which is a shame, but I love the cleaner look of the new 105 shifters, with internal cables.

0_0_ef7360084bfac376812fde64445ec046_1.jpg

2011 Madone 4.5

Carbon frame and fork
Bontrager Race wheels
Michi Pro tyres
Gears, derailleurs etc Shimano 105
Fizik Arione saddle
3T Biomorphe Carbon handlebars
Kio Sprint pedals
Duotrap sensor integrated with frame

Comments

• remy martin
    remy martin Posts: 121
    Very nice upgrade. Excellent colour scheme.
  • Bon_Jovi
    Bon_Jovi Posts: 18
    Very interesting handlebars. Looks like you like to be stretched out on the bike?

How does it ride?. It is definitely a nice looking bike.
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    looks nice.. :)
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Got a 2011 bike already!How you managed that?
    Very nice colour scheme. I'm not normally keen on blue, but think this looks ace
  • tigerben
    tigerben Posts: 233
    Very cool. like the matt black.

I don't know what happened at Trek this year but the 2011 paint jobs (except for the radioshack) are so much better than 2010... which is a little gutting as owner of a 2010 trek.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Nice, I like the colours, I was looking at one in a shop apart from it has Ultegra, I'd like to get it sometime.
  • themightyw
    rjh299 wrote:
    Got a 2011 bike already!How you managed that?
    Very nice colour scheme. I'm not normally keen on blue, but think this looks ace

Long story, but basically it's thanks to Spokes, my local bike shop. When my beloved 2009 4.5 was written off after a wee run in with a car they were brilliant at dealing with Trek, and negotiated a fantastic deal where I got a huge margin off the 2011 model. There was no way I could afford to buy a new bike, but Trek weren't happy with the idea of a damaged frame lurking around, and were keen to get the bike out of circulation. Best of all, I got a brand new bike for a reduced cost, but was able to keep all the ultegra / 105 gear from my old bike and just purchased a Planet X Uncle John frame, and Spokes built that up from scratch with all the old gear for free.

They turned a disaster into a pretty happy outcome.

0_0_b24221151c7deb6ed053bb4657bca085_1.jpg
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Two lovely bikes...You must be a tall guy themightyw as it looks a long way from that saddle to them bars....What size frame is the Trek? 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    Lucky guy...enjoy :)
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Trek looks awesome.. Love the colour
  • themightyw
    leeroy72 wrote:
    Two lovely bikes...You must be a tall guy themightyw as it looks a long way from that saddle to them bars....What size frame is the Trek? 8)

Nope! Just that it needed a wee bit of tweaking after it came back from the shop. Tilted the handlebars upwards a bit more, and dropped the saddle a smidge.

Haven't done any long rides yet but did a quick 40 today. Loving it!
  • Mastineo
    Mastineo Posts: 182
    Not too keen on the UJ but really do like the Trek. Sound familiar?
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    Is it Jonka ??
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • RWignell
    RWignell Posts: 13
    I saw this bike in the flesh in a shop in Plymouth - straight away I thought it was one of the best looking road bikes I'd seen.
  • I guess I'm an odd ball. I'm sorry guys, but I think the new 2011 Trek 4.5 color scheme really stinks!! Surprisingly it looks like I may have to buy one. Only because I can't find a 2010 62cm. Hey, it's still a great bike!
  • canbakay
    canbakay Posts: 282
    i ordered my 2011 4.5 today! - hows the ride like? & how much did u spend on all the upgrades? (love the colors!)
    Dogma
    Madone
    R3
    Point Reyes
    Raleigh Burner
    Boris