Sprint Detraining??? Where's it gone?

mrc1
mrc1 Posts: 852
Where has the thread gone?
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

Comments

• chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    ?

Disappointing, as it did have some sensible answers/questions.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Probably moved into the "I'm full of crap" section of the forum.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Bhima probably felt a bit aggrieved because every one was poking holes in his BS and asked the mods to delete the thread.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    For me, not much of a sprinter but not absolutely awful (16w/kg at best ever) the most I ever lose no matter how tired I am, or how much focussed other work I do is around 1or 2 w/kg. At the end of a 5 day stage race with significant TSB, I could still hit close to the best numbers.

So I do think anyone who showed massive drops is most likely simply not testing the shorter numbers, or had very unreliable results previously

Sprint detraining to the tune discussed in the other thread in the timescale of the other thread were just completely unrealistic.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Pokerface
    jibberjim wrote:
    For me, not much of a sprinter but not absolutely awful (16w/kg at best ever)

That's nothing. My best sprint is 10w/kg!!
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    I was enjoying the reading on that thread! It was down for my friday afternoon chuckle fest!

Hes the only lightweight man I know that can go from weighing 58kg in October (see the winter training thread) to weighing 70kgs in summer despite his apparently huge volume of FTP training....
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Thanks to everyone who contributed. I did learn a lot from the thread, though it was descending into nonsense. As I will no longer have an internet connection after mid-day today I asked for it to be removed. I will not have any means to defend myself against the negativity that was brewing up. These threads always end like that.

I gave actual numbers there and I think people were being skeptical for the sake of being skeptical. I'm used to it. It seems to happen a lot on here, even though I was mentioning really low numbers in that particular thread.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    Bhima wrote:
    I think people were being skeptical for the sake of being skeptical. I'm used to it. It seems to happen a lot on here

surely you can appreciate why...??
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    All you have to do is one race, just one race and if you're as good as you make out you are then you'll breeze it. Then folk would stop questioning you. Simple.
    More problems but still living....
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Pokerface wrote:
    jibberjim wrote:
    For me, not much of a sprinter but not absolutely awful (16w/kg at best ever)

That's nothing. My best sprint is 10w/kg!!

Yeah, but I have a bit of an advantage over you!
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • chrisw12
    Bhima wrote:
    Thanks to everyone who contributed. I did learn a lot from the thread, though it was descending into nonsense. As I will no longer have an internet connection after mid-day today I asked for it to be removed. I will not have any means to defend myself against the negativity that was brewing up. These threads always end like that.

I gave actual numbers there and I think people were being skeptical for the sake of being skeptical. I'm used to it. It seems to happen a lot on here, even though I was mentioning really low numbers in that particular thread.

I thought your diistribution numbers were quite reasonable tbh. It seems you may have worked harder to get the headline figures that everyone seems to want to talk about (1s 1hour) but I wasn't being sceptical. I was being curious as to where you and other people find places to do proper one hour tests in this over crowded country we live in.(outside of doing proper tt's of course)
  • drewfromrisca
    drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
    What's that creepy looking brother/sister band called that were around few years back? Looked like hippy's? They remind me of some of bhima's number :lol:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • chrisw12
    amaferanga wrote:
    All you have to do is one race, just one race and if you're as good as you make out you are then you'll breeze it. Then folk would stop questioning you. Simple.

and that's the point. There are a few testers on here that I am familiar with that have produced some absolutely fabulous RACE results. When they post figures they are absolutely believable, but when some Joe comes along and starts saying about their 22mph training ride or their hundred in 4 hours or their ftp north of 350, you really have to wonder why they're not racing to back these figures up.
  • Pokerface
    All I can say is - if you had a 1400w sprint on you, then you should be racing for a Pro team. Even if it's a UK team.

Unless 1400w and 21w/kg isn't a lot.
  • Pokerface
    It's a shame that your internet connection runs out at noon today Bhima - otherwise maybe you could post up some PowerTap or SRM files (as you now have both) to support your questions. That would end the discussion rather quickly (one way or the other....)
  • Pokerface wrote:
    All I can say is - if you had a 1400w sprint on you, then you should be racing for a Pro team. Even if it's a UK team.

Unless 1400w and 21w/kg isn't a lot.
    It would enable you to become a highly competitive masters age track sprinter, provided you knew how to ride sprints.
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    I've never understood Bhima's obsession with numbers when they are not going towards any end result.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    amaferanga wrote:

Exactly. I've been telling him for nigh on 2 seasons to get to a wheelers 10 to prove everyone wrong and he's never made it. Oh, I tell a lie, he made one but was too late to sign on, convenient? When you're spouting guff like 5W/Kg/hour http://www.facebook.com/50kph then why wouldn't you race?
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    a_n_t wrote:
    5W/Kg/hour

Which is 350W for his reported 70Kg :roll:
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I'm gonna try some sprint training today.

3 mins rest interval with an all out 30 second sprint and I'm going to do 10 reps, it might not be the best must be better sprint training than sitting at 21mph for 60 miles.

Bhima, no one would have a go at you if you proved yourself, like did a TT, and some of the races, don't say that it's impossible for you to make every race because I am 100% sure you could make one, or a TT.

No one believes anything in this world without real hard evidence. Stuff on the interwebs can count as evidence, like a Garmin log, they can't be fiddled with.
  • Pokerface
    I thought Bhima said he had done loads of races 'down south'.

No race results posted anywhere though/
  • Pokerface
    I saw Bhima on the Cat and Fiddle today - going in the opposite direction.

Decked out in full British Team kit :roll: :roll: