Older RS Reba poploc problems

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,391
edited July 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hiya Guys

I have a reasonable old but not to knackered set of Rebas on my HT (I think they re 2006/2007odd) on which the compression adjustment dial has pretty much completely seized up - now, given that the forks are getting on and the bushings must be starting to feel their age (although are not all that bad as far as I can feel), Is it worth sending them to TFTuned for another service or would it be financially more sensible to let them retire gracefully and replace them with something more modern (with a 20mm axle!)?

For a start, will the Compression adjustment be salvageable or will it need a whole new kit, bear in mind that the Poploc lever died a long time ago!

Many Thanks Guys
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Take the moco unit out [top cap is a 24mm socket] and have a gander. Should be able to clean up, maybe repalce O rings, mod to a friction changer and change oil.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Cheers Sonic - would I need to undo all the otehr stuff to do that (air out, crown off, oil in bucket etc....?). Given that it cost 65 sodding squids for a new poploc lever (65 seriously?!!) I'm tempted to replace it with a non remote version which costs £30 (!!!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver