Long baggies

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited July 2010 in Women
Hello :)

mrs.blitz is 5'9" and finds many ladies baggies to be on the short side. She's looking for a pair that sit just above the knee when riding.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    I'm 5'11" and have a similar problem.
    I have a pair of the 09 Race Face 'DIY' shorts, which are pretty good, but the material is quite thick so they make me a little on the hot side... and I tend to wear them a bit low slung which makes them that little bit longer!
  • .blitz
    Thanks for that, they look good. Did you get them from Wiggle?
  • gb2gw
    gb2gw Posts: 81
    I'm about 5'9" too and don't like too-short shorts either. I've been wearing the Endura singletrack baggies for a few months now and find them to be a good length. They sit just above the knee.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/end ... le#reviews
  • MrsMoo
    MrsMoo Posts: 22
    I've got the Raceface DIY shorts which are a nice length, though like foxc_uk I do wear them a bit low slung to make them a bit longer (and I hate high waistbands!) Have also got a couple of pairs of Sombrio shorts which are a good length, just past knee when standing, and made from nice soft fabric with a soft mesh lining inside. Loeka also make decent ladies shorts in "regular" and "capri" length. Try chain reaction cycles or minx-girl.com.
  • .blitz
    Thanks again for your replies. Quite like Sombrio meself so hopefully mrs. blitz will find something suitable.

How is the sizing with ladies Sombrio and Race Face?
  • MrsMoo
    MrsMoo Posts: 22
    Raceface sizing comes up quite big, ie. size medium is a large size 12, I think they advise you to go a size smaller than you usually would. Sombrio comes up a bit smaller, I think a medium is a size 12, small size 10, but not as generous!
  • .blitz
    Thanks!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hello :D

Just thought I would let you all know about some new shorts i've just got - Altura Quantum X - arrived yesterday and look fab! I'm only 5 ft 4 and they come to my knee, look really nice, come with undershorts too (with a decent pad), and don't make me look like ive got a huge @rse :wink:

They're quite pricey but no worse than the other brands - will try them out this week and let you all know what they're like in real life!!

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/23607/Alt ... horts.html

Edited to add - sizing is realistic, i'm a size 8 and their size 8 fits perfectly (I got the size 10 to begin with as some brands can be a little on the 'tight' side, but they were too baggy) :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • mobilekat
    mobilekat Posts: 245
    Heya :D

Problem I am finding at the moment it according to most manufacturers female cyclists are all tiny! :?

I am 5ft9 and size 18-20 depending upon the make, and have really been struggling to find good clothes.- I have lost lots of weight, and am getting fitter rapidly, but would love some nice baggies that are not costing an arm and a leg- am going to try the Terry Liberty shorts that Minx have- has anyone got any??

I tend to cause a fashion crime at the mo, in Altura Mistrels- look pretty awful from behind! but as I pointed out to hubbie, when cycling I cant see them!! :oops:

Any suggestions would be good!
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I would phone or email Minx Girl and ask exactly that question :D Apparently they are very good at saying which makes are more suitable for different body shapes etc - so got to be worth a go?

Good luck :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc