Pembrokeshire

SA61Nevitt
SA61Nevitt Posts: 2
edited July 2010 in Routes
I'm wondering if anyone is based in the Pembrokeshire region?

I've found a couple of reasonable loops in the County but at a struggle. As much as I like Brechfa its a bit of an arse having to drive out there every time I want to ride something decent.

Hoping there's some thing a bit more local. All info is greatly appreciated.

J

Comments

• Hi J,

I too struggle to find anything worth riding in Pembrokeshire! It's dry as when it comes to mtb! Yes there are the Presilis, but that isn't really my thing - it's a bit open and er... long. The coastal path would be a great ride, if we were allowed to ride it! The only section we are permitted to ride on is a couple of miles long and most of the time it is closed off for the MOD :roll: . Caneston woods... puleeze, can be fun but there is no real route. Llys Y Fran is nice but not exactly thrilling. Most other routes are mostly road based and connected by overgrown bridalways. :evil:

Brechfa always seems so far away, but is the only place for miles that is truely worth the petrol! It's really frustrating that you can't really just nip up there, the roads are pretty slow and so it takes forever to get there!

If we can't use the coastal path, we really need a dedicated trail centre in the county. I'd absolutely love to see a trail centre here with some technical decents. Anyone got any land? :lol:

Sorry, not much help, I just thought I'd let you know that you're not the only one who is finding it hard to find a decent ride in Pembrokeshire!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Done quite a few rides in and around the Preseli Hills. Mountain atmosphere without actually being too far away from civilisation. I'd go there any day.