Anyone based Exmoor coast?

King Nuts
King Nuts Posts: 47
edited July 2010 in MTB rides
Anyone based Exmoor coast area for company and route sharing? Exmoor, Quantocks and poss organising a trip to some of the Welsh trails. I can ride mid week and some weekends (enjoyed a day riding with Iain except that last field in the howling gale!) "I"m over the hill so I"m not over th hill!"
"I"m over the hill so I"m not over the hill" !

Comments

• I live in Taunton and am interested in exploring Exmoor for routes, let me know if you want to meet up for a ride.

I'll admit now that I'm a good climber (roadie background) and take it easy on the descents, but just like exploring off-road trails.
  • King Nuts
    Iain: Yes I"d like to meet up. I can get out on Tues 13, Wed 14, Sun 18 or Mon 19 at present and weather permitting. A couple of nice rides I can show you meeting up by Porlock or by Lynton . Will you mind poss waiting at top of the hills forKing Nuts to catch you up?
  • This Sun sounds good, in the morning ? Say 10:00 at the Ship Inn in Porlock ?
  • King Nuts
    Sunday fine. Can we adjust slightly, to 10.30am and meet on A39 opposite where the Porlock Hill toll road joins A39 at top end of Porlock Hill. there is a cattle grid there. We can leave cars there , its pretty safe as quite busy there parked just off the road.I"ll be bringing a snack & flask but there is a cafe mid route if you prefer.
  • Cool, all good for me.

See you this Sun :-)