Newbie and my bike

pratley
pratley Posts: 55
edited July 2010 in Your road bikes
Hi everyone, didnt really know where to post this so modirators can move it if they wish.

Basically ive been riding on and off for years, starting off on bmx and then into hardtails but always really wanted a road bike to commute to work and use at the weekends to keep fit.

So at the weekend went to Halfords to look at a getting a Boardman but ended up looking at the Carrera TDF as it was a 1/3 off and the lad i spoke to said it was a good bike for the money :D
So got it home and put it together and took it for a long ride and absolutely love it, although i aint as fit as i used to be lol :roll:

Anyway here our a couple of pics, c&c welcome, thanks :D
carrera015.jpg
carrera016.jpg

Comments

• psiturbo
    psiturbo Posts: 64
    Only one post!

W/E

No, I would not buy this crappy bike!

Is this the low budget LiveStrong Bike? LOL
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    psiturbo wrote:
    Only one post!

W/E

Only 15 posts!

Pratley:
    The bike looks fine for the money, the weathers good - enjoy riding it. Get fit, get the cyclists suntan. Stop at a cafe and buy yourself a coffee. Then come over to the dark side and shave your legs.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    psiturbo wrote:
    Only one post!

W/E

moron
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Ignore the fuffin' psiturbo idiot who posted.

Bike looks more than fine.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Enjoy mate!!

Get the miles in and you will soon feel fitter!!

Hope you dont bump into any idiots like psiturbo when you are out who clearly is a tw@t for his post.
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • i've got one of these and its a top ride, i love mine. but your forks look very straight im sure mine are much more curved. i presume yours is a new(er) model than mine. Had mine a year done loads of miles no real trouble to speak of. been a brilliant buy so far. did set it up myself though. :wink:
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!