Riding in Bulgaria

andyjlawson
andyjlawson Posts: 2
edited July 2010 in Routes
I have just returned from a fantastic weekend in Bansko, Bulgaria. I spent a couple of days mountain biking. Has anyone else been out there biking?

I have included some pictures and reviews on my blog. Please take a look:
http://www.thebanskotimes.com/2009/07/24/mountain-biking

I have a business that sells skiing holiday accommodation packages to this resort. For summer 2010 I want to expand into the mountain biking and summer activities.

I would like to know where Mountain bikers currently go for their holidays?

Many thanks

Andy
Andy Lawson
Extreme Bansko
Skiing & Snowboarding Holidays

my blog: www.thebanskotimes.com

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    I would like to know where Mountain bikers currently go for their holidays?

Les Gets, Chatel, Morzine - France
    Maribor - Slovenia
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Spain, Canada, Scotland, Wales etc.
  • billysan
    billysan Posts: 575
    Have been to Bansko cycling myself, I have friends that run a small hotel in the town and go cycling/boarding with them.

Fantastic area, highly recomended to all.

The highlight had to be cycling up to the top lift station, having a beer, then coming back down in the dark with no lights :-) Luckily it was well moon lit!!
  • check out the www.bansko-mtb.com site the MTB comunity in Bansko is growing fast. The National park and Local Town council are really pushing Bansko to be a MTB resort. Give it 10 years as the pace of life here is pretty chilled! One day Bansko should compete with western europe.
  • Is that 1st URL broken? or is it just me?

Anyway, my answer to the OP is Slovenia (Soca Valley & Maribor), Lake District, ...
    Andy - The Expat Cyclist in Germany
    '07/'08 Cotic Soul
    '96 Scott Vail
    '89 Ridgeback Rapide 105
  • LoUiS1985
    LoUiS1985 Posts: 841
    My old boy lives over in Bulgaria. Will be going to visit him next year and I'm planning on going MTB'ing near the Black Sea area, around Bourgas way on. I've heard it's pretty damn good around that area.