New Ribble Gran Fondo

EBM Biker
EBM Biker Posts: 47
edited July 2010 in Your road bikes
My first proper road bike. Been hacking around and doing training rides up to now on Cannondale Badboy Ultra 700c, Oooo, very harsh back end! All change now as I have the sofa-like comfort of a full carbon frameset.

DSC_0001.jpg

Comments

• and107
    and107 Posts: 55
    lovely bike think you may get flamed for not showing the side of the bike with the chainset though.

Anyway how does she ride
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    How very dare you come on a cycling forum, post a picture of your bike the wrong way round! How very very dare you!
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    3rd facelift in a year, odd

disagree that its improved though, i much prefer the curved forks and chainstays. but I wonder how the people who dont have deda decals are feeling now
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • elevated
    elevated Posts: 126
    This one's like mine (frameset arrived a couple of weeks ago).

There are three versions, this one with the straight forks and tapered head tube, the original one (in the pics on Ribble's site) which is an older version of the same frame, and the one without the Dedacciai logos which is basically the Sportive Racing frame with different paint. Being a Pedalforce frame it doesn't have the Dedacciai branding.

Not sure if the Pedalforce version has a carbon steerer like the Sportive though. If it does then that would knock 200-300 grams of the weight of the F&F.
    BMC Pro Machine | Ribble Gran Fondo | Planet-X SL Pro Carbon | Specialized Langster 2008 | Ribble Winter Sloping | Trek 8000 | Onza Blade 2009

My site » AssosFables :: Assos news & reviews
  • EBM Biker
    EBM Biker Posts: 47
    DSC_0004.jpg

O gawd, I've only been here 5 minutes and I've already broke the rules! Story of my life.... :roll: Correct way round photo now done!

As I said, I'm new to road bikes [after 15years lay off from mountain biking] so I don't know much about the technology. I assume the 'Crafted In Italy' sticker on the frame means it was made in Taiwan, like most carbon frames, but designed in Italy.

I'm so diggin the combined gearshift and brake levers! I know you guys have been using these for years but my last 'racer' was alooooooooong time ago and I hated the downtube shifters so much it put me off riding it.

Man, I'm like a kid with a new toy :lol:
  • ukroadster
    ukroadster Posts: 14
    Stunning looking bike, like the straight forks.

Do you know how much it weighs?