What is this bike?

noworries182
noworries182 Posts: 14
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Hi people! my dads friend is selling an old barracuda bike which he has never ridden and it was bought for him, so he doesnt know what type it is! he says its a full sus with oversized front forks. However, i don't seem to be able to find this bike anywhere! i was wondering if any of you good people would be able to give me some idea as to what bike it is!

thanks!

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Would help if there were pictures :wink:
  • I've aksed him twice for some pictures. if i had pictures i wouldnt really care what type of bike it was, just want to know if its talking about :shock:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've aksed him twice for some pictures. if i had pictures i wouldnt really care what type of bike it was, just want to know if its talking about :shock:

?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Barracuda largely make cheap, heavy, steel FS bikes, to be avoided if you actually want to ride it.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    edited July 2010
    With a little common sense and this amazing thing called "The Internet" you can find information on almost anything that has a name you lazy git...

or...

Barracuda-08_Pheonix_med.jpg

:roll: :roll:
  • Raymondavalon
    I cant believe you didnt use this prime opportunity to use lmgtfy!!
  • Raymondavalon
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Raymondavalon
    I cant believe you didnt use this prime opportunity to use lmgtfy!!

Benj, I save that for people with intelligence.. :wink:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    With a little common sense and this amazing thing called "The Internet" you can find information on almost anything that has a name you lazy git...

4.5 stars. I got to get myself one of those there Barracudas.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    My mate had a Barracuda - it was fine for out tour of Austria and Southern Germany. For off road. Not so much.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    cooldad wrote:

4.5 stars. I got to get myself one of those there Barracudas.

+1

Some interesting and in depth professional reviews there. :lol::wink:
  • bearfraser
    bearfraser Posts: 435
    "NICE":- bike shaped object???????? :twisted:
  • Is that the picture of the bike. Must be the new Barracuda of 2010? Good for a little of roading?
  • Raymondavalon
    abbott920's review has yet to be rated - Be the first!
    Report this review

The Barracuda Showdown has to be the best bike ever, it's reliable, easy to fix, and easy to get parts to fix. I buckled wheel when I took it off a jump, but that was due to my landing. It's great on roads and serves it's purpose, great on off road and downhill tracks, a bike I would recommend to anyone.

Note to self.. track down "abbott920" dress him in a monkey suite and give him a unicycle..
  • If you would have had some common sense and read my post you would have read and understood, that the bike had oversized forks. . . . . . . dont be arrogant, it gets you knowhere! thanks anyway mate!
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    I wouldn't bother if i were you. The bike in the photo looks heavy; and the suspension looks downright awful at best.
    What's your budget and what do you plan on using the bike for?
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    If you would have had some common sense and read my post you would have read and understood, that the bike had oversized forks. . . . . . . dont be arrogant, it gets you knowhere! thanks anyway mate!

What d'you mean by oversized? Triple clamps/double crowns?
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Cable pull discs = nasty
  • As Raymondavalon mention etc about the Barracuda Showdown, I had one in 2000 and raced a short DH track race in Hampshire it done, relatively well but not as good as for the more better full down bikes like Orange and Giant Bikes. You wont find any "Barracuda Bikes" on any big DH tracks anymore.
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    dan shard wrote:
    Cable pull discs = nasty

Never used Avid BB7s then have you!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3