cateye micro halogen headlight
Rockstar energy drink logo stickers on the front and rear mudguard
diy mobile phone holder pouch

ammacomtb.jpg
PROUD AMMACO MATTERHORN OWNER SINCE 2009

Comments

• Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    I went and seen the Matterhorn last week....
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    thomasali wrote:
    Oh dear......
    Now now, everyone has to start somewhere.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    not bad for a beginner, but once you get more expensive bikes, you will have a better bike to ride and look at. but that probably is enough for thr riding you do(i'm guessing)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    oh its actually a ..... bike?!?!?!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    lawman wrote:

There's no need for that.

I imagine for the money it's a decent enough no nonsense starter bike. No pointless full sus, no rubbish cable discs. Hopefully just a reliable value bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    lawman wrote:

Pathetic sarcasm. :twisted:

Enjoy every bike you ride be it from humble origins or one you aspire to ride - mocking only highlights your obvious narrow mindedness.
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • ilovedirt
    Dubzy wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Enjoy every bike you ride be it from humble origins or one you aspire to ride - mocking only highlights your obvious narrow mindedness.
    This, i used to ride some right heaps of crap, i used to ride my barracuda full susser every weekend doing 15 mile or so XC rides back when i was about 13 or so... That's what started it off for me! I took a break for a year or so, but now i'm back, and i wouldn't know all the local routes or have the passion like i do now if it wasn't for those rides back when i was younger on my cheapo argos bikes.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    it was meant in jest guys :lol: cant knock the OP for getting out on the mtb, good on ya mate :)
  • bikes a bike you dont need to spend stupid amounts on a hi end spec bike to enjoy cycling any old ike will do the job.i only do town cycling to keep fit so this bike does everything i need it do in town bought some downbar mud guard and a bottle holder pics are below.

mudguardandbottleholder.jpg
    mtbside.jpg
  • now have a cateye mirco halogen headlight fitted the black one in the picture below

cateye-micro-halogen-light-set.jpg
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Fair play mate - you're right - its great your getting out and it does what you want/need it to... :D

You always get twats coming up with crap like that... childish and narrow minded - amoebas.

Anyway, get out and ride.... and enjoy! 8)
  • If you're just out on the town on it id swap the chunky tyres for some slicks or semi slicks at least!

Also maybe some metal pedals? Plastic ones are dangerous in the wet!!
  • Fair play mate - you're right - its great your getting out and it does what you want/need it to... :D

You always get twats coming up with crap like that... childish and narrow minded - amoebas.

Anyway, get out and ride.... and enjoy! 8)

thanks 8) yeah its perfert bike for town use and very comfee for a low budget bike :)
  • PROUD AMMACO MATTERHORN OWNER SINCE 2009
  • just found a unused leatherman pouch in the garage and fit my mobile phone so i thought ah bingo mobile phone holder for the bike so i cable tied the strap to the stem of the handlebar and now i have a diy mobile phone holder where its secure and easy access if i do get a phone call on the bike ok might look bodge but does the trick will get a pic up on here asap :)
  • mobilephonepouch.jpg

my DIY mobile phone holder pouch
  • i have jsut bought a pair of these for the bike when im cycling on the road makin view behind me better so i can see whats coming up in time

http://www.discountbicycles.co.uk/biz/p ... raleigh_fl exible_bar_end_round_mirror/831e3265a38851b8e08c467622bed256

i bought mine from go-outdoors
  • Marlow
    Marlow Posts: 31
    BRILLIANT - well done mate. Been toying with the idea of doing something like this myself for ages but didn't have the nerve.....
    Love the mirrors they're ace. Where did you get the Rockstar energy drink stickers from please, they'd look great on my stabilisers.
  • Marlow
    Marlow Posts: 31
    ....just noticed the ingenious cable tie arrangement holding the front mudguard on, lovely touch - why use 1 when 7 look soooo much cooler
  • i got the stickers from rockstar energy drink directly
    i had to use all them cable ties to make the front mud guard that secure as before it was too loose and flapping about.
  • ilovedirt
    Marlow wrote:
    BRILLIANT - well done mate. Been toying with the idea of doing something like this myself for ages but didn't have the nerve.....
    Love the mirrors they're ace. Where did you get the Rockstar energy drink stickers from please, they'd look great on my stabilisers.
    No need to be a dick... he's a rider just like you.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Marlow wrote:
    No need to be a dick... he's a rider just like you.

+1
  • got the handlebar end mirrors fitted and so good to get rear view vision now when im on the road saves me keep doing lifesaver every 1 minute :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hmm. A Succesful troll, maybe? Either way, keep up the good work.
  • keep up the work, don'T worry about some of the roosters on this site. You don't have to have some blingy or flashy bike to enjoy biking.

Glad you've got what you need.
  • mtbmirror.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Fab

i have re arreanged the items on the bar

i have lost the front reflector, moved the headlight and led side light centre of the handlebar to give a neater layout :)