Songs to Ride To.

Greig M
Greig M Posts: 86
edited July 2010 in MTB general
What are your favorite songs to ride to.

I like Eminem for some reason, Most likley because it is really fast paced stuff or i like Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane because it just puts me in the mood.But sometimes im just in the Mood for some David Guetta

Whats your favorites? 8)

Comments

• Unflux
    Unflux Posts: 20
    Don't have a specific genre myself, more a playlist of many genres (rap, rock, classical, D&B etc) of music that make me feel good and get the adrenaline flowing.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    THIS and THIS

is all you need.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Destination Calabria among others
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • blister pus
    that's a lovely splendid video by any standard
  • Kasabian - fast fuse
    Muse - Knight
    Prodigy - Smack my bitch
    Gorilaz - Stylo

Greig M wrote:
    What are your favorite songs to ride to.

I like Eminem for some reason, Most likley because it is really fast paced stuff or i like Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane because it just puts me in the mood.But sometimes im just in the Mood for some David Guetta

Whats your favorites? 8)
    Bikes:
    Felt Edict Team
    Pace 325.5
    Specialized Epic Expert
    Wilier Triestina Road Bike
  • THIS and THIS

is all you need.

I like your style, Blister Pus.

I love riding to work listening to LCD Soundsystem- their '45:33' album is awesome to ride to. Originally written for Nike, or something...
  • jpstar
    jpstar Posts: 561
    Mental Mickey
    Yes that song simply because of the video I associate it with off of Seasons :D
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    Im still stuck in my indie 2002 - 2006 phase so when out on a ride, im mostly listening to The Strokes, The Killers, Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian etc.

Although recently Ive regularly not been using the ipod and have been listening to mother nature instead.
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I like to listen to tyre rumble by Nokian, bird song by Mother Nature and rear wheel drift by me. I am less keen on wheezing cough by me and pounding heart also by me.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    this is from Roam - click the first track in the list on this page http://www.ilike.com/artist/The+Distillery - used to have it as my ring tone and never answered my phone when riding as it got me pumping the pedals!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Definately one for the sounds of the tyres against the dirt myself. I find tunes puts me off. Prefer to have something heavy on the journey to the trail.

I'm sure I look like BoneyM when I dance... 8)
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Pendulum, Prodigy, Linkin Park and Nickelback are just some of the artists in my riding mix
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    like paul.skibum.....I am another proponent of the natural soundtrack...
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I don't listen to music off road, doesn't work for me but for commuting I've found some that can add 10% to my average speed :lol:

Keep the Car Running by the Arcade Fire, One Thing by China Drum likewise, carries you along. Spitfire and Their Law by the Prodigy, Slam and, uh, I think it's Mutiny? by Pendulum. Bad Devil by Strapping Young Lad and Refuse/Resist by Sepultura, Hey Satan You Rock by Therapy? and Zomboid by the Wildhearts, and Plese Sir by Pendulum... Oh and Try This At Home and Dan's Song by Frank Turner and Worth Dying For by Rise Against, and Hills of Los Angeles and the Handshake by Bad Religion.

All good fast driving stuff but also with pretty solid steady beats to keep you pedalling basically. Not all my favourite music or anything, it just all works well.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Northwind wrote:
    Spitfire by the Prodigy.

That is an amazing song!!!

It got me down Electric blue about 30 seconds quicker than usual and it normally only takes me just over 3 minutes so that is something
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It sits in my music collection, daring me to soundtrrack a video with it, in the full knowledge that none of my riding will ever be cool enough :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Boy Lard
    Boy Lard Posts: 445
    I just can't listen to music while cycling, off road or on. It puts me off, I can never get earphones that stay in, or on, properly when I have to turn my head and I feel really badly isolated from what is happening around me.

On an exercise bike Mezzanine by Massive Attack, anything by The Beta Band, Mogwii, Come On Die Young.....

then I get nostalgic and its The Steve Miller Band, The Clash, T-Rex, even the Beach Boys.....

but then it gets bad and I end up listening to Neil Diamond, Jonny Cash, Bob Seger, Bob Marley, Bob Dillan, Toby Keith, Gretchen Wilson.... (ah too much Country)

The 2 albums I have been listening to most recently are Gary Jules - Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets, and, believe it or not Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat.

Make of that what you will.
  • Greig M
    Greig M Posts: 86
    Boy Lard wrote:
    I just can't listen to music while cycling, off road or on. It puts me off, I can never get earphones that stay in, or on, properly when I have to turn my head and I feel really badly isolated from what is happening around me.

On an exercise bike Mezzanine by Massive Attack, anything by The Beta Band, Mogwii, Come On Die Young.....

then I get nostalgic and its The Steve Miller Band, The Clash, T-Rex, even the Beach Boys.....

but then it gets bad and I end up listening to Neil Diamond, Jonny Cash, Bob Seger, Bob Marley, Bob Dillan, Toby Keith, Gretchen Wilson.... (ah too much Country)

The 2 albums I have been listening to most recently are Gary Jules - Trading Snakeoil for Wolftickets, and, believe it or not Cat Stevens - Teaser and the Firecat.

Make of that what you will.

You should change your user name to boy george.
  • blister pus
    if you do a search for 'playlist' threads there's a ton of em jam packed with toons n bands
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    foo fighters mainly or gorilaz top tunes
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    Get some classic Slayer on, and I'll guarantee you will ride faster!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • i listen to queen, bycycle race!!

Only joking, some one had to!!! i listen to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, arctic monkeys, the subways, idlewild and many other similar bands. sometimes i sing along, much to the amusemnet of pedestrians.
    Am i strange in that i actually ENJOY going up hills? Yes, yes i am.

PS: Full - Sussers are for SOFTIES AND BIG GIRLS
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i listen to queen, bycycle race!!
    Surely mandatory.

Listen to that and think of the poster you used to get with the old Jazz vinyl album. Maybe somewhat distracting though :D.