Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2010 in Your road bikes
It WILL be mine...

dscn1121x.jpg

Comments

• rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    Really sweet ride, i thought it was a one off for Erik Zabel. Apparently not.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Please tell me you wouldn't put fishing gear on it like in this photo.

I also prefer the Matt Black version as I have previously stated when considering if I could sell my family for one :wink:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Anonymous
    Coach H wrote:

:roll:
  • Coach H
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Coach H wrote:

Don't roll your emotican eyes at me; you know, I know and everyone with any sense knows that Colnago's should only be fitted with Campagnolo. Its the law, which law I don't know but its the law none the less
  • Anonymous
    Coach H wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Coach H wrote:

Don't roll your emotican eyes at me; you know, I know and everyone with any sense knows that Colnago's should only be fitted with Campagnolo. Its the law, which law I don't know but its the law none the less

It's also the law to fit whatever the F I want! That's NapD's law.
  • rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    I AM THE LAW!!!
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Anyone taking bets on which frame NapoleonD 'will have' next? :lol: Changes every week...

I can understand a Caad9 then Canyon then Caad10 but an EPS PRZA costs several times more than those frames. :? Or is it just worth it? :lol:
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    After going round the houses he will probably just get a Planet X like everyone else :lol:
    Mens agitat molem
  • Anonymous
    EKIMIKE wrote:
    Anyone taking bets on which frame NapoleonD 'will have' next? :lol: Changes every week...

I can understand a Caad9 then Canyon then Caad10 but an EPS PRZA costs several times more than those frames. :? Or is it just worth it? :lol:

FWIW I was umming and aaahing between a CAAD9 and a Cervelo S2 recently, ended up with the S2.

It's more to do with quality rather than cost.
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    I'd love to try an EPS, but it has to be Di2!!!!
    Coach H wrote:
    Please tell me you wouldn't put fishing gear on it like in this photo

Or like I have?!

x2_1cf828e.jpg
  • bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    I'd love to try an EPS, but it has to be Di2!!!!
    Coach H wrote:
    Please tell me you wouldn't put fishing gear on it like in this photo

Or like I have?!

x2_1cf828e.jpg

That's a mighty fine reel you have there!

Fishin' gear my foot.
    Mens agitat molem
  • spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    EKIMIKE wrote:

I know I'm bound to say this, but I think my CX-1 is the best bike I've ever had the pleasure to ride. The extra cost is worth it, my other bike would cost £4k to replace and it doesn't come close to the Colnago.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    You've got to go with your heart. Definitely a significant part of the battle when getting the bike that 100% suits you.
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Coach H wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Coach H wrote:

Yep - Agreed. Colnagos with that jap stuff on should be confiscated and stripped. Leave it for the Giants and Treks.
  • Anonymous
    Yeah I see your point, it's sacrilige to put Japanese made stuff on a frame made in Taiwan.
  • Coach H
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Yeah I see your point, it's sacrilige to put Japanese made stuff on a frame made in Taiwan.

Yep thats pretty much right. The EPS is made up in Cambagio though.

Look there is no sense to this argument (and was originally posted in a Troll like fashion) but here is an analogy to make things clear. The Ford GT as a perfectly good supercar but its still a Ford and will never be a Ferrari.

Point made I think :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Ironically, the Ford GT is more exclusive than a Ferrari. :wink:

In fact, there are bleedin' loads of Ferraris knocking about where I live... Second only to Porsche.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    alfa romeo's are beautiful but break down a lot. jap stuff doesnt. :wink:
  • Anonymous
    rake wrote:

+1...
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Well, the EPS is top of my list for a next machine....
    But, I can tell you now... It'll be SRAM all the way for me...
    :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • neilr4
    neilr4 Posts: 161
    NapoleonD wrote:
    rake wrote:

+1...

I've ridden Tommasini and Colnago and will only use Dura-ace!! When campag gives the same smoothness I'll use it! I'm not prejudiced towards shimano or campag but something about campag just feels wrong, maybe it's the position of the 'clumsey' up-shift or the fact that it's taken campag years to sort out decent brake lever hoods!! Shimano doesn't try to soduce with carbon it just works and gets the job done!!

Call it fishing gear if you like but it's a credit to shimano that they produce for other sports/activities.....................even MTB! Now did campag not try that before? Hmmmmm wonder what happened there??? I reckon the appropiate answer starts with S...
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE
    SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'