Southern XC - Bordon Route?

morgan.349
morgan.349 Posts: 39
edited July 2010 in XC and Enduro
Hi All

Does anyone have a track for the bordon southern xc race route (from last year). I want to try to get familiar with the kind of stuff this year will likely be.

Was up thier ealiera nd I tried to follow the white circle/black arrow signs on the trees and then the yellow/white painted stripes oin the trees but it seemed disjointed in places.

Can anyone spread a light on it for me?

Many thanks

Mike

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There's not all that much point, the course will be subtly different this year, so if you've ridden up there and got an idea of the terrain that'll be good enough!

Expect lots of fast flowing singletrack, and nothing particularly to catch you out! Usually a couple of little short sharp grunts over the tarmac road which can cause problems in the race if people stall.
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    The colours on the trees are the running routes from Prince Philip Barracks where I work.

The Yellow route is 3.5 miles and the White route is 8 miles.
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • flowpro
    flowpro Posts: 64
    This link is the 2008 route for Oxney Moss Bordon with pictures you can also download the GPX file from this site.

The course will be differant but will give you a good idea.

http://hosty.org/Brian%20and%20Charlott ... 20Moss.gpx

There is some vids on utube
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Hiya,
    My 10-year old is going to enter that race next Sunday. I know it will be half a lap .Does anyone know if he can have a practice the day before? It's a 9.45 start so would be tricky to reccee on the day.

If not, is it safe to send him on the course for the race not knowing the course at all?
    Thanks for any help.

Nick
  • jsussex
    jsussex Posts: 118
    nickfrog wrote:
    Hiya,
    My 10-year old is going to enter that race next Sunday. I know it will be half a lap .Does anyone know if he can have a practice the day before? It's a 9.45 start so would be tricky to reccee on the day.

If not, is it safe to send him on the course for the race not knowing the course at all?
    Thanks for any help.

Nick

Well thats the way it always is with Southern XC. The juvenilles and youth all go by 10.15 am so there is never a chance for much of a practice lap - the course doesn't open before 9am afaiik. I wouldn't worry though, the mini lap for the kids is always tame and the only danger is normally a pile up off the start line which is always good for a few tantrums and hurled bikes :)
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Yep, there's not going to be anything to catch him out! They will be marking the course out on Saturday, so if you head over you may find the course, but it's not actually open to be ridden, and you may not make many friends if they're trying to mark it out while you're riding!
  • nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    Thanks guys, appreciated. As far as I can see, if he is 10 he will compete with the under 12s so he won't use the mini lap but half the normal lap, if that makes any sense. I assume his race will be about 3 miles ???