ITV

valedragon
valedragon Posts: 37
edited July 2010 in The bottom bracket
why is it i have to sit through the adverts to watch somthing on itv player. if i wanted to watch the adverts i would, however i want to skip them to get to a certan part of the programm :twisted:

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    No ads, no programmes.
    ITV exists because of them
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    valedragon, I bet you complain when it comes to paying your tv license fee as well :roll:
  • valedragon
    Ollieda wrote:
    valedragon, I bet you complain when it comes to paying your tv license fee as well :roll:
    Am happy to pay the licence fee, I am just a bit miffed that I have to watch the adverts to get to one part of yesterdays tour highlights.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    This is also posted in racing forum.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • valedragon wrote:
    Ollieda wrote:
    Am happy to pay the licence fee, I am just a bit miffed that I have to watch the adverts to get to one part of yesterdays tour highlights.

because they are providing a service and that service aint free?
  • valedragon
    edited July 2010
    Also annoying when one of adverts is for a womens beauty product. Have watched s4/c equivlent which has no adverts during programmes.
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I don't like adverts, but I've no objection to them as they pay for the channel.

I don't mind the license fee as the BBC produces some amazing programmes that wouldn't be made by commercial channels because they are expensive.

What I do find very strange and objectional is Sky. I don't understand why anyone would pay more than twice the license fee to be assaulted by adverts as well.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    the sky 'entertainment' channels appear to be aimed at mouth breathers
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    the sky 'entertainment' channels appear to be aimed at mouth breathers

Or people who like American TV. Not too much on during the summer but they do have some good programmes (more than ITV1 IMO) and some terrible dross (just like every channel)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    I have to admit I do like the way the french used to ( and I hope still do) do it.

Advert break before and after the program.....nothing in the middle. Sort of like BBC but with commercial adverts instead of hot air ballons and reminders about midsummer murders
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I seldom watch TV so viewing ITV4s coverage is a bit of an event! I find the ad breaks surprisingly long, reminds me why I stopped watching TV in the first place.

Thank heavens for the BBC and no ads there.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    I prefer to watch it in belgian or dutch than sit through all the ads.

Puting a minute of ads before the start of every stream just ensures I never ever chanel surf. I did watch bits of the coverage on ITV yesterday and it worked well, however, then need to boost the bit rate, sometimes the cyclists looked like lego men.