Comments

• Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    :(:(:(

Bad luck mate - that sucks!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    MikeWW wrote:
    well no more racing for a while. racing in the british mtb champs at dalby yesterday and big off. type 4 acj dislocation -shoulder busted. trying to get them to operate and wire it but even then its at least 6 weeks :(

Man... Just when you were coming on so well, too!...
    Hope you've got a turbo, so you can keep the legs going... Shame to lose that fitness.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW Posts: 723
    yep a bit gutted
    fracture clinic tuesday so hopefully can get an operation soon after
    got the wife to strap my bad arm to my chest today with duct tape and did an hour on the turbo which wasn't too sore so hopefully can keep a reasonable level of fitness-fingers crossed
  • singlesman
    singlesman Posts: 26
    Jeeez Mike, your 47, it's a mid life crisis hobby, get a grip and have a few days off. :)
  • MikeWW
    singlesman wrote:
    Jeeez Mike, your 47, it's a mid life crisis hobby, get a grip and have a few days off. :)

Sounds sensible advice when you say it like that :) but then again I just hate the idea of losing my current fitness as I feel so much better for it.
  • singlesman
    singlesman Posts: 26
    Mike, you've improved so much, so quickly i can't see having a bit of time to recover properly is going to do you any harm. You'll regain any lost fitness in no time and may even find an en-forced break finds you coming back stronger and faster. :)
  • MikeWW
    MikeWW wrote:
    well no more racing for a while. racing in the british mtb champs at dalby yesterday and big off. type 4 acj dislocation -shoulder busted. trying to get them to operate and wire it but even then its at least 6 weeks :(

I'm back :D
    Saw the consultant yesterday and he said I could go back out on the road bike providing I took it easy and NO OFF ROAD STUFF
    Been a LONG 9 weeks but managed to keep a reasonable amount going on the turbo. Was out last night and it didn't feel too bad
    Just got to see how the next few weeks go and whether I need to write the cross season off or not
    Won't be the end of the world as just been able to get out on the road is a huge plus
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    That's good to hear - hope you're back to full fitness soon
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Good to hear mate!

Looking forward to more race repts next year...
  • MikeWW
    Thanks guys
    Going to have a real go at the road next year