Carbon bike-2-work and occasional XC races

Ajax Odessa
Ajax Odessa Posts: 8
edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
IMG_0016.JPG

Frame: SCOTT Genius MC-10 (2006)
Forks: FOX F100RLC (TALAS is needed but it's unavailable here, for year already :( )
Bars: S-WORKS Prowess Carbon XC Riser Bar (with red lines paint but I couldn't resist...)
Stem: FSA OS-150 Carbon (Only faceplate is carbon but still isn't that heavy)
Headset: FSA Orbit Z
Grips: something short for twisters
Bar Ends: not for a 660mm riser

Brakes: Avid Elixir
Front disc: Shimano XTR SM-RT97 160mm CL
Rear Disc: Avid CleanSweep Serpentine 160mm IS

Shifters: SRAM X.0 Gripshift (best choice for XC)
Cables: Jagwire/Shimano XTR
Front Mech: Shimano XT FD-M760-E (E-type and only, because of the frame)
Rear Mech: SRAM X.9 Long Case (would go to the new 2010 and medium one)

Seat: KBIX Race Pro
Seat Post: SCOTT RC 03-20
Seat Post Clamp: SCOTT

Cranks: Shimano SLX FC-M665 (double with reinforced pedal inserts and plastic bashring; for XC bashring could be easily removed).
Chainring(s): 36T + 22T
Chain: SRAM PC-991 (Vistually doesn't rust)
Cassette: SRAM PG-980 11-32 (almost the same as 990 but twice cheaper)
Pedals: Crank Brothers Candy SL
Bottom Bracket: Shimano SLX

Front Wheel: Since I badly bent front DT after crash on SuperD, have to use spare one for a while
Rim: WTB SpeedDisc
Spokes: DT 1.8
Hub: Shimano Alivio HB-M495
Tube: Michelin AirComp
Tire: Continental Twister Supersonic + Slime tape

Back Wheel:
Rim: DT Swiss 420SL
Spokes: DT 1.8/1.6
Hub: DT 370SL
Tube: Michelin AirComp
Tire: Continental Twister Supersonic + Slime tape

Weight: dunno; something like 11 kg

Comments

• tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    I love these, theres a red aluminum one next to mine at work and its very smart so would probably hump the fork on that if came within distance haha. what mystifies me is the bottle, is it a light i assume?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I love these, theres a red aluminum one next to mine at work and its very smart so would probably hump the fork on that if came within distance haha. what mystifies me is the bottle, is it a light i assume?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=20105 << I'm guessing that, looks very similar to mine anyway! Brilliant things, so loud! (Pump air into the bottle)

Ajax, thats a lovely looking bike, really like that :)
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    Stav83 wrote:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=20105 << I'm guessing that, looks very similar to mine anyway! Brilliant things, so loud! (Pump air into the bottle)

Ajax, thats a lovely looking bike, really like that :)

Haha thats awesome, will be purchasing that!
  • very nice, i had an 08 genius 40, they gotta be one of the best do it all bikes out there, i only got rid of it because i was going to die riding it, it just pushes you to ride harder
  • Spugnut
    Spugnut Posts: 128
    Great looking bike Ajax! You'll have to post some pictures of the kind of trails you ride in the Ukraine.
    Happy trails.
  • stealthelite1986, yeah. That horn is really awesome and I feel "naked" riding to work in our "ruleless" traffic.

ellsbells1973, I like these, pre-2008 more because of their Horst-link design and the way it works on a trail. And yeah! feeling like to jump higher and ride faster on this rocket :)

Spugnut, right here, in Odessa, mostly steppe with some hills at a Black Sea coast. But in Crimea it's much interesting due to the mountains and in the North Ukraine (say Kiev) - because of their forests. July 10-11 there will be 24-hours XCM in Kiev, maybe some photo will be available.

But here are some from one of the muddiest races we'd last year (bike was in a bit another setup) :)

10 miles to finish (and other 38 are already passed).
    17102009%28004%29.jpg

Rear shock was here... somewhere here
    17102009%28003%29.jpg
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    :shock: :shock:

Wow.. thats, erm.. pretty muddy!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    surely a short fork like an f100 makes the handling a bit sketchy on a bike designed for a 125-130mm fork, especially considering it was no chopper with a 130mm fork fitted. isnt the head angle now way to steep???
  • Salted clay and some "armoring" grass made their job :) There I decided that E-Type - real suck (because of it's mud collecting plate) and inverted shock is great - because the way it works :)

P.S. Here is what's going to happen this weekend. Hope there will be no rain :roll:
  • lawman wrote:
    surely a short fork like an f100 makes the handling a bit sketchy on a bike designed for a 125-130mm fork, especially considering it was no chopper with a 130mm fork fitted. isnt the head angle now way to steep???
    Well... yah, 100mm isn't enough for some rough descents (like on a Super D or some marathons) but I feel that FLOAT with it's 120mm is just too much for every day use thus I need TALAS, which could be 90/100 when I ride to work and more when needed. And unfortunately there is no way to get any TALAS in Ukraine for the reasonable price - there are just no forks in a whole country, at all :( And nobody wants to sold one - they are too good :twisted: