poor customer service?

Paul 135
Paul 135 Posts: 92
edited July 2010 in MTB general
Hi.
11 weeks ago I cracked the frame on my 08 kona coilair supreme. I took my bike to my lbs (which is a large national company) and I still haven't got it back!
I'm getting the new 2010 supreme frame with the new shock cause the old one is too small in replacement.
But is 11 weeks too long?
To be fair they have had to order through Paligap and kona. Should I be complaining and getting free stuff or should I accept they are doing their best and its taking ages cause it had to come from the states?
Any help or comments will be appreciated.
Thanks alot.
Paul.

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Just give them a call, if they're replacing the frame it could take a while
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    It'd be worth giving them a ring. 11 weeks is a long time, but I'm not sure I'd say it was TOO long unless they indicated to you it'd be done quicker.

If you can, try and drop into conversation that you were hoping it'd be back by now, and it's a bit inconvenient. And see if you can get them to at least give you a rough idea on how much longer you'll have to wait. If they're feeling generous, they *might* chuck a few freebies your way by gesture of good will. But remember, their obligation is only to provide you with the replacement so don't be too gutted if that's all you get.

Never had any dealings with Kona, but from what I've experienced, most companies are eager to try and keep customers sweet.

And look on the bright side, at least you're getting a nice shiny new frame and shock out of it (eventually) :)
  • xendistar
    xendistar Posts: 17
    When I had my frame swapped it took about two weeks from taking the bike in, looking at it, letting me having the bike back till the frame came in and then taking it back to swap the frame.

I would give them a call\drop in and see them, ask them if they have any demo bikes you can have the loan of while they have your bike.

Tim
  • hounslow
    hounslow Posts: 153
    from past experiences, paligap are always out of stock of the kona parts/bikes you need.
  • Clum84
    Clum84 Posts: 196
    11 weeks seems excessive to me. Any longer and they should be giving you a 2011 frame! I'd give them a call to see what's up as big companies often seem to need a poke up the backside to get things done.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
  • heez29
    heez29 Posts: 612
    hounslow wrote:
    from past experiences, paligap are always out of stock of the kona parts/bikes you need.

This.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The biking industry seems to have managed to get the customer to accept really poor warranty service, tbh, 11 weeks is both terrible and fairly common. We're supposed to feel grateful when we finally get the results of the warranty we've already paid for.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • not saying that you would, but we get customers in all the time effing and jeffing at us, and it doesn't really give anyone an incentive to give you free stuff. politeness and smileyness will get you a million miles further than anger :D (not assuming you would, just something ive picked up from being on the receiving end of a fair few miserable sods, and a fair few nice people, and i know which ones get free stuff)

also, if it is paligap being stupid, then getting annoyed with the shop wont help, cause its outa their hands.
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    not saying that you would, but we get customers in all the time effing and jeffing at us, and it doesn't really give anyone an incentive to give you free stuff. politeness and smileyness will get you a million miles further than anger :D (not assuming you would, just something ive picked up from being on the receiving end of a fair few miserable sods, and a fair few nice people, and i know which ones get free stuff)

also, if it is paligap being stupid, then getting annoyed with the shop wont help, cause its outa their hands.

This. :)

Amazing what being nice, even in the face of a frustrating situation, can do for you. Get moody and get served your "rights". Be nice, work with them and reap the rewards.