fizik gobi xm saddle
mavic 317 wheelset
maxxis swampthing 42a and 60 tyres 2.35
da bomb napalm white pedals
crank brothers split rear qr skewer
gold bottle and rack bolts
27lb with pedals
it stands me at over £900 now,
new rear mech and shifters are on the shopping list but not sure whether to stick with sram or go shimano, then if my wife is good to me she can treat me to some new wheels for chistmas :wink:
fury09001.jpg
fury09004.jpg
fury09003.jpg
fury09002.jpg
fury09005.jpg
carrera013.jpg
carrera009.jpg

Comments

• DJC013
    DJC013 Posts: 94
    Sounds great to me !

We need pictures ! :D

Regards, Damian.
    Current Bike - 1992 Saracen Tufftrax Elite - Now retired !!
    Now have - Carrera Fury 20" :):):)

Link to my Fury pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/28464546@N ... 112905307/
  • DJC013
    Hello, any pictures yet ? Regards Damian. :)

Link to my Fury pictures - http://www.flickr.com/photos/28464546@N ... 112905307/
  • DJC013 wrote:

just added the pics
  • johnsav
    johnsav Posts: 775
    that looks really nice!

tasteful mods, works very well!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Yeah very nice, i really like that.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • DJC013
    DJC013 wrote:

just added the pics

That is a lovely looking bike !! Gives me an idea of what you can do with the Fury !!

Enjoy it !! :D

Regards, Damian. :)

• ilovedirt
    Ooh i just realised you have the same bars and stem as me, but mine are black. I rather like them! didn't realise you could get lower rise bars though, i thought 40mm was the lowest you could get, i might look at get lower ones, as 40mm seems a little too high for me.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    Ooh i just realised you have the same bars and stem as me, but mine are black. I rather like them! didn't realise you could get lower rise bars though, i thought 40mm was the lowest you could get, i might look at get lower ones, as 40mm seems a little too high for me.

i got them from chain reaction the 685mm comes with 20mm
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=44966
  • ilovedirt
    Oh yeah i remember now, 685mm is a little too narrow for my broad shoulders... nevermind
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    OOOOH! That looks sweet!
    Nice work!
  • OOOOH! That looks sweet!
    Nice work!

thanks its my 4th bike since june last year, i think i have found the one
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    HOw do you find the Swampthing tyres?

Slow rolling? Good Grip?
  • Mr Wu wrote:
    HOw do you find the Swampthing tyres?

Slow rolling? Good Grip?
    thae swampthings are great, yeh they are slow rolling and noisy on the roads but i am no pro rider so its not something that really bothers me, but they are super grippy, i am running a super tacky up front and a maxx pro rear
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Where did you get the bash gaurd from and is it a 32-34 size,do you miss the big ring at all.Looks great by the way.
  • piker wrote:
    Where did you get the bash gaurd from and is it a 32-34 size,do you miss the big ring at all.Looks great by the way.
    bought it from chain reaction, £31.99, yeh its its 32-34, and no i dont really miss the big ring though i may go up to a 36 ring and get another bash but i am gonna wait till i replace the chainset and bb before i do that
  • just changed the front mech for an slx double specific, seems to work a whole lot better than the x5, also got a 2010 deore chainset and bb which i am going to fit once i can get the truvativ crank bolts undone
  • finally got the powerspline off after taking all the skin off my knuckles, luckily the external bb was a doddle to fit, and it has also dropped a bit of weight as well, now i wish crank brothers would bring out gold replacement parts for their seatposts, and i am gonna be purchasing a gold hope bottom bracket at the next payday
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looks great clean, but that baby is going to show every spec of dust/muck that comes along!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ace looking.
  • ace looking.
    thanks
  • shukur
    shukur Posts: 155
    Hi guys, I love your carrera fury and all the colourful parts, however i was wondering if you could tell me where you bought that white bash guard from and how much and where can i get it from? does it curve in underneath so it stops the stones hitting the ring edges which the chain holds on to?

Also, I need to know what handle bar would be best, a renthal handle bar or a straight handle bar like the Boardman comp? the one above you have is beautiful but is pricey for me!

Also, the seat, is a Madison Flux Brown suitable or a white???

the bash guard you have streamline, is it suitable in white or because I want to colour code my bike in different colour to green everywhere, is it suitable in olive green?

what about bottle holders and triangle bags which fir inside the frame and not underneath the saddle at the back? and what about mud guards because i don't think just a neoguard will do the job, i need to keep every bit of dirt away u see.

Please let me know, thanks.

My new carrera fury 09'18, >>
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2#16965902

15052011291.jpg

15052011307.jpg
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    edited May 2011
    ^^^ Spamming your own thread is one thing shukur but cereally... ^^^

(Sorry for the spam)

Lovely Fury there fella made some very nice upgrades, I especially like the absence of ludicrousy in your posts (I just invented a word :D )
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    shukur- go away... FOREVER

the Fury's looking good ellbells
  • piker
    shukur wrote:
    Hi guys, I love your carrera fury and all the colourful parts, however i was wondering if you could tell me where you bought that white bash guard from and how much and where can i get it from?

If you read the thread again,the 16th post tells you where he got it from and how much he paid.I also provided you with a link to the bash guard on your own fury thread.
    I also linked to some some good value for money upgrades that will improve your fury but you say you cant afford them,then in the next breath start going on about renthal bars.
    You are in danger of people starting to not reply when you ask for advice,because you just ignore what people say.
  • piker
    Have you still got the fury ellsbells,could do with an update of how you have got on with the upgrades.
  • shukur
    piker wrote:
    shukur wrote:
    Hi guys, I love your carrera fury and all the colourful parts, however i was wondering if you could tell me where you bought that white bash guard from and how much and where can i get it from?

If you read the thread again,the 16th post tells you where he got it from and how much he paid.I also provided you with a link to the bash guard on your own fury thread.
    I also linked to some some good value for money upgrades that will improve your fury but you say you cant afford them,then in the next breath start going on about renthal bars.
    You are in danger of people starting to not reply when you ask for advice,because you just ignore what people say.

O I have loadas things to do u c im all over at moment.

well, i've bought a seat to start off with, so, I had to find a good one and paid a good price, bit expensive but thought it looked okay.
  • road_donut
    road_donut Posts: 284
    Nice ride ellsbells1973 looks great pal 8)

shukur ..... you are a grade "A" knobber!!!! why are you spamming other peoples threds....
  • shukur
    shutup you tart
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    shukur wrote:
    shutup you tart
    no, I really think you should, just like everybody else who's read any of your posts. You really are surf matt all over again. :lol: