Planet X- Nanolight or SL Pro?

shaw8670
shaw8670 Posts: 264
edited July 2010 in Road buying advice
SL pro looks good, but Nanolight must be more advanced. Anyone know what the technical advantages are?
Greetings from the wet and windy North west

Comments

• bazbadger
    bazbadger Posts: 553
    Check the tyre clearance issue (or non issue - depends on what tyres you like to run). I have a Pro SL and like it, but I don't think I would upgrade to a Nano. PX messed up on the frame weight I think! Printed 920g on the frame and then state it's 1100g on the site. Ooops.

However, have seen a couple of posts on here from people who have got one and they seem to like it....

If it were me and I'd set my heart on a PX, I'd get a Pro SL frame and team it up with an Easton EC70 fork - another person on here did that as it sorted out the somewhat twitchy front end - also looks pretty good!
    Mens agitat molem
  • RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Baz, your right about the weight issue, i noticed that...probs 180g for the paint !!

I've had my SL Pro for 8months and did think about getting the Nano f&f, not going bother now. But i must say i've never had the twitchy front end on mine.

Great bike for the money though. Mines the full Ultegra one they were doing for 999. I had the model Bs on when i got it, but changed them for the 6700 Ultegras. Rides great.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.