Hardtail frame

4ndyW
4ndyW Posts: 68
edited June 2010 in MTB buying advice
Anyone got either a Yeti ARC or a Tomac Cortez? If so, what do you think?

I am kinda half thinking of changing my Orange e6 next year and so looking for a new hardtail frame to replace it. The Orange has done really well, but starting to get a little beaten up now (although still looking good with its brushed ally! lol) Yes, i know the two frames above are kinda back in the day, but that kinda sums me up i guess lol. Am open to other options upto around the £700 mark.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• nickfrog
    nickfrog Posts: 610
    No idea on those two. On that budget you could also consider an On One 456 carbon?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    If it were my money it would be the Yeti Arc without a doubt. Top frames and highly rated. In fact (unless I go Ti) it will probably be my next choice after the Marin...
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Stiffee or Handjob - both circa 400-500, both pretty much unchanged in 7 years as they are pretty much perfect.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • 4ndyW
    Thanks for the replys guys. Looked at the 456, but not my cup of char really, nothing against carbon though. The cove handjob is pretty cool though, although not sure it stacks up against the likes of the ARC? anyone have any thoughts on the Cortez?
  • The Big Cheese
    4ndyW wrote:
    Thanks for the replys guys. Looked at the 456, but not my cup of char really, nothing against carbon though. The cove handjob is pretty cool though, although not sure it stacks up against the likes of the ARC? anyone have any thoughts on the Cortez?

The Arc is an uot-and-out race frame (thats also pretty tough)

Cannot comment on the Cortez.

Would still have the Arc out of anything else mentioned so far.

Also, check out endorfin... ;)
  • 4ndyW
    Yeah i have seen them, very nice, wonder what they are like though?
  • The Big Cheese
    4ndyW wrote:
    Yeah i have seen them, very nice, wonder what they are like though?

Cannot say, although thy are quite rare on our shores....... I bet they are pretty good!!!

Still rather have the Arc, Andy on here has one and rates it highly!
  • The Big Cheese
  • 4ndyW
    Sounding promising, and hey if another Andy has one, well what can i say ! lol
  • 4ndyW
    haha, lookin good for the ARC i must admit. Remember them coming out pretty much back years ago, would be nice to finally have one !