The Bionic Vet

toby_winkler
toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Anybody just watch it?

Amazingly impressive what that guy does to save some of those pets, I mean you would never think a cat that had its two rear feet cut off by a combine harvester would survive. But to see it walking around on two bionic feet was incredible.

Will definitely be watching the next one, surprise yourself sometimes with some of the programmes that you really enjoy!

Comments

• Awesome! Nearly made me well up when the cat jumped up on his new feet! Don't think normal surgeons would feel so much for their patients!
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    Awesome! Nearly made me well up when the cat jumped up on his new feet! Don't think normal surgeons would feel so much for their patients!

I wasn't going to admit it, but since you said it, I was nearly welling up at that point as well. Massive kudo's to the guy, and to that cat for putting up with them funny little feet!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    "Surgical high five!"
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Was pretty awesome, wish they had shown the dog walking without the metal frame on its leg though.

Loved the mixture of the latest technology and medical practices mixed with good old english botchery :) (And that's botchery, not butchery! :wink: )
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Kiblams wrote:
    Was pretty awesome, wish they had shown the dog walking without the metal frame on its leg though.

Loved the mixture of the latest technology and medical practices mixed with good old english botchery :) (And that's botchery, not butchery! :wink: )
    I don' think the dog has had it taken off yet. The cat was in the news just last week, so it probably wasn't filmed that long ago. I hope they update with the dog though, it looked an amazing idea (couldn't care less about the cat though ;) )

I loved how the technology used looked like mechano! I can picture lots of children pinning the cat down to build mechano straps around it's tail :lol:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro