edited July 2010 in Your mountain bikes
IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

Frame: Scott Spark / IMP technology / HMX net integrated seatpost / carbon swingarm carbon dropouts with replaceable hanger / sealed aircraft bearings / optimised SLS kinematic - Scott Nude TC 3 modus / LO-TC-AT / Ball joints reb. Adj. / trac loc 2 remote control
Forks: DT Swiss XRC 100 carbon lowers / air spring / reb. A. remote lockout
Bars: Scott Pilot SL Handlebar combo 600mm
Stem: Scott Pilot SL Handlebar combo 1-1/8" / 5 angle
Headset: Ritchey WCS Carbon 1 1/8" semi integrated 44/50mm
Grips: Scott light grips

Brakes : Formula R1, 180/F and 160/R rotors, carbon levers

Shifters: SRAM X-0 Trigger multi adj. / with carbon cap
Front Mech: Shimano XTR FD-M971 / 34.9mm clamp
Rear Mech: SRAM X-0 carbon medium cage

Seat: Selle Italia SLR XP Kevlar / Carbon rails
Seat Post: integrated with the frame
Seat Post Clamp: Ritchey WCS integrated clamp / 38.2mm

Cranks: Truvativ Noir 3.3 TM Carbon crankarm / Giga X Pipe
Chainring(s): 44Ax32Ax22A T
Chain: SRAM PC 991 / Hollow pin
Cassette: Shimano XTR CS-M970 11-32 T
Pedals: Crankbrothers Egg Beater 4 titanium
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GXP Team / shell 73mm

Front Wheel:
Rim: DT Swiss XRC 330 Carbon rim / 28H
Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite black
Hub: DT Swiss 240 S Disc Int. / 28H
Tire: Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25

Back Wheel:
Rim: DT Swiss XRC 330 Carbon rim / 28H
Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite black
Hub: DT Swiss 240 S Disc Int. / 28H
Tire: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 2.1

Weight: 20.26lb

This is 2009 model Scott Spark Limited. Everything is standard apart from changing the front tyre from a Rocket Ron to a Nobby Nic, and the addition of a bottle cage (carbon, of course) :)

Obviously had it been full price she wouldn't have now been the proud owner but thanks to the wonderful people at Mountain Trax doing a deal we couldn't refuse, she is.

Comments

• gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    Nice bike i have one too :D

if your expecting the quoted weight to be correct you will be disapointed mine came in at 20.76LB
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Nice bike, very sleek!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • monkeylizard
    monkeylizard Posts: 155
    gezzza wrote:
    Nice bike i have one too :D

if your expecting the quoted weight to be correct you will be disapointed mine came in at 20.76LB

Yeah, sorry. I should have said that it was the weight as quoted by Scott. Fortunately she's not really much of a weight weenie.

I guess the Nic and the bottle cage have probably added a few ounces anyway. Although this might be offset by it being a small frame and that she had to have a fair bit cut off the seatpost :)
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    If that's one for your wife man, then what are you riding? :shock:
    Does your wife know what she's riding or is it just a bike for her?
  • monkeylizard
    Xtreem wrote:
    Does your wife know what she's riding or is it just a bike for her?

Haha... she knows exactly what she's riding. I just ride for fun whereas she takes things a bit more seriously (off-road duathlons and the like) and is therefore quicker than me. This is just as well, though, as a) I'm slow, and b) if she wasn't, the Spark would be going back to the shop :lol:
  • andypaul99
    andypaul99 Posts: 12
    Blimey thats light, the spec is incredible... the weight must be pushing the boundries of whats actually possible for a full suspension bike off the shelf?

Is the bike not a handful on the technical decents etc? It must be difficult to keep the front end in check?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Put the Ron back on, it's a better tyre IMO!
    Is the bike not a handful on the technical decents etc? It must be difficult to keep the front end in check?

My Fuel weighs about the same, and no, it's fine. Obviously it won't track like a 6" trail bike, but they're not as skittish as people may expect.

All the top end FS bikes come in about 20-21lbs now, S-Works Epic, Top Fuel 9.9, Anthem Advanced etc, you just don't have to make the compromises you used to to achieve that sort of weight.
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    It probably feels pretty demoralizing to be beaten by your own wife.
    I bet you do the dish washing. :wink::lol:

No fence.
  • monkeylizard
    I never ride the Spark so I'll get her to answer the sensible points... :wink:

Demoralising? Not in the slightest. For me, riding isn't about competing so I couldn't care less who's faster. If we go out riding together (a rare occurrence as we have 2 kids) then we ride together instead of racing. I must be missing something because I don't see the problem :?
  • JojoF
    JojoF Posts: 2
    the nic was put on when it was a bit mucky outside, and the ron will be back on soon , have been meaning to change it for a while but too busy riding !

I don't really find it skitty, but I might not be trying hard enough :D
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    Xtreem wrote:
    It probably feels pretty demoralizing to be beaten by your own wife.

Must

make

joke.........
    "I ride to eat"