UPDATE: Making your own Butt Balm

dennisn
dennisn Posts: 10,601
edited June 2010 in Workshop
A year or so ago I started making my own chamois creme from a Keith Bontrager recipe.

Ingredients-
Big jar of petroleum jelly with Shea Butter(whatever Shea Butter is)
Small tube of triple antibiotic ointment.
Small tube of jock itch creme(if you tend to get jock itch - I do)

Mix well - apply to anywhere you feel you need it.

Results - No problems to report. Seems to work as well as anything I've ever used.
My bike seat really shines now. And no jock itch.

End of update.

Addendum to update.
Price seems really good compared to what they charge for some of the stuff out there.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This is worrying. Some bloke in my club have bought a 1.25 kg tub of cream that you smear on cows udders when they get tender to use as chamois cream. they swear by it, I'm not sure......
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dmclite wrote:
    This is worrying. Some bloke in my club have bought a 1.25 kg tub of cream that you smear on cows udders when they get tender to use as chamois cream. they swear by it, I'm not sure......

Here in the states it's called Bag Balm and it is for cows. Or humans. Friend of mine swears by it. I'm becoming convinced that maybe, just maybe, people don't really need
    to pay big dollars for fancy creams.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    dmclite wrote:
    There's a reason Udderly Smooth chamois cream has its name. ;)
  • 4kicks
    4kicks Posts: 549
    Actually Cows Udder cream is a well used and well loved cure in the restaurant business where all the staff end up with cracked, burned and oherwise knackered hands. Youll be glad to know its normally put on at the end of a shift.
    Fitter....healthier....more productive.....
  • robbiedont
    robbiedont Posts: 89
    Udderly smooth cream is a godsend!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I stand corrected. I am MOOved by the MILK of human kindness you have all shown replying. I was sitting here chewing the CUD, wondering what UDDER people use an....ok I will stop now. :oops:

I'll get me coat.
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    +1 for Udderly smooth cream

However, I always though it was made by .... Cowgate?
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4