Which cables?

ajdj
ajdj Posts: 71
edited June 2010 in Workshop
Currently building a TT bike and have all the components bar cables.

Its a Cervelo frame with Dura Ace 7800 chainset, 7800 front and rear mech & bar end shifters. Tektro brakes and carbon aero levers.

I'm a bit confused about what cables to purchase. Although I have internal cable routing, I do want black cables. The 7800 cables seem to be grey? How important is it to use 7800 cables as I've seen some Transfil ones that look quite good at a reasonable price, are they any good?

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Never heard of Transfil!
    But, you don't have to use Shimano cables... I used Jagwire, and also have some Gore Ride Pro cables, both very good.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Transfil are as good as any, and there are some with knobs on (flying snake etc) that are very good.
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 71
    Thanks for the quick replies, will go and have another look at these suggestions!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Using Transfil cables for both road and MTB. No complaints at all.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    The lined transfil ones are great for when you have exposed areas you want to keep clean and dry.

Personally i like the transfil kevlar outer.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    The lined transfil ones are great for when you have exposed areas you want to keep clean and dry.

Personally i like the transfil kevlar outer.

Used the kevlar outers when building my missus' Inbred and they look great. The exposed kevlar weave is neat.