Hope Hoops Stans Flow

2»

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeah, don't do that on my bike right? :lol:

(not being funny, I I love GT, it's just a very different kettle of fish to the red at fort william never mind off beat, no comparison at all in terms of roughness and abuse)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Oh I know, Inners is different enough and i would gladly ride there to test them out but I don't know if you could be bothered to lol

Remember I do have a few stone on you though :wink:
  • Northwind
    Yeah, but still, if I was within a mile of bending these things i'd be surprised :lol: I could've probably given you a backie and I reckon they'd still have been OK. Though we'd have crashed every 10 feet or so mind... Probably better not try it.

(I need to get back to innerleithen... Not been for ages, and I totally minced it last time :lol: but I'll be taking me own bike for that thanks)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    i was toying with getting new wheels built and i had it from a top wheel builder that the stans rims are stronger than the equivalent mavics.
    my mates are running crest and 355 rims and we ride some pretty technical stuff.i think the flow rims are light and plenty strong, some of the top downhillers run them what more can i say.
  • peter413
    What 'top downhillers' exactly use the Stans Flow rims
  • peter413
    Northwind wrote:
    I need to get back to innerleithen... Not been for ages, and I totally minced it last time :lol: but I'll be taking me own bike for that thanks

I would go with you anyway, might have a chance of keeping up with anyone :lol:

And also Rich has banned me from taking dad there untill further notice so I need to ride with others which I can't do a lot there obviously since I don't know many people to ride with
  • ESHER SHORE
    ESHER SHORE Posts: 818
    I've been using ZTR Flow rims on Pro II hubs for some years now, on both my bikes (6 x 6 all-mountain and 4x4 4X / Slopestyle bike)

p4pb5274956.jpg

anyone who has seen me ride in MBUK articles , knows I am not light on kit and enjoy airtime and irregular line choices - and I have no problems to report with ZTR Flow rims ;)

I would concur that the ZTR Flow (Stan's heaviest duty rim) is not the ideal choice for heavier riders / hacks doing extreme freeride or DH runs, but as DH "race" wheels they work great, and for all-mountain riding, the perfect choice for light / reliable tubeless setups!

cheers!

Rob C
    Esher Shore
    Call 01372 476 969 for more information on UK\'s leading freeride park - Esher Shore www.eshershore.com
  • Northwind
    Heh, that's you told :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    peter413 wrote:
    What 'top downhillers' exactly use the Stans Flow rims

Sabrina Jonnier. :wink:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Aye, but she weighs less than my bollocks, and rides smoother than them too :wink:
  • peter413
    Exactly, now if someone like Steve Peat used them then I would be fine with that but Sabrina Jonnier, probably weighs about half as much as me and rides incredibly smoothly, something I don't do at all
  • jmj
    jmj Posts: 100
    I've got Flows / Pro2's on my Meta 55.

Very happy with them, survived Laggen Wolftrax and a few runs of the Red downhill at Fort Bill, no probs. Still perfectly true.

I'm 6'5" and 13 stone so not a light fairy on a bike.

Yellow tape works fine with single ply 2.35 high rollers (non ust). I imagine minions would be just as easy. Had a couple of burps, but they were either me running stupidly how pressure and hitting a massive wheel grabbing pot hole and an amusing one where i managed to get sideways on some board-walk and pinched the whole wheel. Both times, tyre seated again perfectly with decent trail pump, no damage to rim.

Got mine from Moonglu in Rippon. Think they are a tech dealer as they get in some odd hub colour / rim combos.

J
    Commencal Meta 55 Team custom build
    Giant Trance 06
  • peter413
    Thats exactly what I wanted to hear about the tyres, thank you jmj

Only thing is, I fancy a super tacky 2.5 now so the DH versions are all I can get :roll: :lol:

Will be useful on the rear though to offload a bit of weight from the front so to speak