I'm Off

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited July 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Haven't been here long folks but I am going to have to love and leave you. I've enjoyed it while it lasted.

Basically I was trying to sell some of my gear on the classifieds. I didn't read the rules but I figured it was okay because whyamihere posted his ebay username in crudcatcher and directed people to his page to see the stuff which was for sale.

I posted a seatpost in classifieds and after a couple of mistakes I finally corrected it, put a price I was after, couple of photos and to get in touch with me. I also said it was listed elsewhere and mentioned my eBay username.

That got removed too despite doing what a moderator had already done. So I posted a link in my signature to my eBay page.

It's not a big deal, rules are rules, but it's daft when theres one rule for a mod (for example) and different ones for regular users. To the point where Ive had my signature changed threatening to ban me. As if thats a big deal. Oh dear Im banned.

Im not an internet fiend, its not a big deal if I get banned but for what its worth Ive enjoyed reading the crudcatcher stuff, always have a good laugh. So Ill get rid of my account myself or just not log in any more. It just seems completely daft to me. Just a bunch of people trying to threaten me with something Im not particularly fussed about.

Thanks again and see you about.

Stu

Comments

• Anonymous
    Some Admins here need shooting. Fair enough, so we have rules to follow, but they sure as hell don't do the same.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I know I follow them when I post, and am as leniant as I can be when looking at other posts. But if the rules are not met - it has to be done.

The rules are pretty clear, and us as admins have to follow them. I have not seen the posts in question though, but I do my job the best I can.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    do you drive a bmw 335?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    matthew h wrote:
    do you drive a bmw 335?

??? :roll:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    matthew h wrote:
    do you drive a bmw 335?

??? :roll:

a Matt like rant
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Some Admins here need shooting.

For a small fee, that could be arranged

I already know where two of them live... :wink:
  • Anonymous
    supersonic wrote:
    I know I follow them when I post, and am as leniant as I can be when looking at other posts. But if the rules are not met - it has to be done.

The rules are pretty clear, and us as admins have to follow them. I have not seen the posts in question though, but I do my job the best I can.
    As far as I know, Sonic, this isn't an issue with you. There are admins who flaunt the rules though, and there are ones who are just downright offensive.
    Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put them in charge of anything more complex than a wheelbarrow I don't know.
  • Anonymous
    If you see a particular flaunting of the rules, flag it please.
  • Anonymous
    I have, several times, but what the hell's the point, when the person being flagged is an admin?
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I have, several times, but what the hell's the point, when the person being flagged is an admin?

Must admit it is frustrating sometimes. :x
  • Anonymous
    PM me then.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    There are admins who flaunt the rules though, and there are ones who are just downright offensive.

I agree. All the admins are awful.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    There are admins who flaunt the rules though, and there are ones who are just downright offensive.
    Who the hell thought it was a good idea to put them in charge of anything more complex than a wheelbarrow I don't know.

Firstly, the rules are freely available for all to read, and abide by.
    If you can't quite follow them and you get pulled up by the admin, don't cry about it, correct your mistake and move on.

Secondly, if you deliberately try to circumvent the rules and you get picked up on it, take it on the chin like a man,
    rather than spitting your dummy and posting a tearful goodbye because, nobody really cares,
    and you know you're in the wrong so you really have nothing to complain about.
    Again, just correct your 'mistake' and move on.

Lastly, I couldn't be arsed to sit on here hour after hour, night after night administrating this forum just for the love of it,
    so if the admin bend or fracture the odd rule for their own ends, then the absolute best of luck to them, it's not exactly 'hurting' anyone, is it ?
  • Anonymous
    you're contradicting yourself there Al.
    Also, my quote had seemingly nothing to do with what you've written.

And I've not threatened to leave.
  • like i said the the admins post where he gave his ebay username to sell bike parts (not even in the classifieds i might add).........

There should be an Ebay classifieds section.

there is no reason for this site to not have one.
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    like i said the the admins post where he gave his ebay username to sell bike parts (not even in the classifieds i might add).........

There should be an Ebay classifieds section.

there is no reason for this site to not have one.

+1, Think that would be a good idea and save a lot of time and hassle. Most other forums ive been on have a seperate section for things like E-bay, Pistonheads and such.
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    you're contradicting yourself there Al.
    Also, my quote had seemingly nothing to do with what you've written.

And I've not threatened to leave.

* I'm not contradicting myself, I'm telling it like it is.
    It may be viewed by some, that some of the admin may contradict the rules occasionally for their own ends.
    Personally I have no problem with this.

* Your post was addressed in my final point.

* I didn't suggest you did threaten to leave or anyone else for that matter, the op HAS left, in a very dramatic fashion....
  • supersonic
    There will be no ebay section. We ain't here to drum up revenue for them.

If you want to buy off ebay, look on ebay...
  • Sorry but thats a stupid perspective SS.

Just because you don't want one doesn't mean these forums wouldn't benefit from one.

Thats another crapy excuse from the admin to not have an Ebay Classifieds...
    If anything, having an ebay classifieds would make buying/selling safer for users on here.

Seriously... whats the real reason that there isn't one?
  • Anonymous
    Because Future publishing's long term girlfriend, you know "the one" ran off with ebay.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    supersonic wrote:
    There will be no ebay section. We ain't here to drum up revenue for them.

If you want to buy off ebay, look on ebay...

Ok, we'll just post in this section and link/mention our ebay user IDs then ;)
  • supersonic
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Sorry but thats a stupid perspective SS.

Just because you don't want one doesn't mean these forums wouldn't benefit from one.

Thats another crapy excuse from the admin to not have an Ebay Classifieds...
    If anything, having an ebay classifieds would make buying/selling safer for users on here.

Seriously... whats the real reason that there isn't one?

It is much easier for us to moderate the forum if we can see what is there - we much prefer seeing the pics, price and description straight away, In my book, we would get rid of links to pics too. It isn't hard to upload to somewhere where you can display the image. .

I don't have time to look through ebay links and check they comply with rules, and people aren't selling rubber cocks or whatever. I am sure ebay wouldn't be happy if people posted ads saying 'bike for sale' and linked straight to Bike radar. We have nothing to with ebay. If you can't be bothered to spend 5 mins making an ad for a service that is provided free, then don't use it. Our rules - sorry of you don't like them.
  • Anonymous
    i dont see why the folk who are selling their sh1t on ebay dont just cut and paste their advert into an ad in the classifieds if they want to sell to the fine folk on BR.

i always check the classifieds here after checking the bay to see if there is anything i fancy, i dont see the need for an ebay section seeing as there is actually a massive ebay section, on ebay.

people were pi55ing and moaning about adverts being sh1tty in the classifieds, not enough pictures, no set prices, poor grammar etc etc and now the rules are tightened, they are whining on about how the section isnt good enough.
  • whats there to check if someone posts an ebay item number and short description though?

Ebay classifieds would look after its self.... as it does on all other forums!
  • supersonic
    It might be a different item - says it's a bike, and is a cooker - it has happened. Or a link to loads of items for sale, that are not bike bits at all. And that has happened. People abuse it, and we are not checking every ebay link, or links to other forsale sites. Sorry. 5 mins, that is all we ask for a clear and concise ad, here. Makes our job a lot easier.
  • Anonymous
    ben,

if someone posts a description and a number they still need to post a picture (werent you one of the people complaining about pictures in adverts?), they might as well just write an advert on here as well as an ebay advert

therefore, there is no need to have ebay adverts.
  • adverts yeah... but if there isnt a pic on an ebay add you dont buy it do you...
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Is any mention of ebay banned or just links to ebay ads. Is it allowable to at least put your ebay user name in your classified ad and say this is also up for auction on ebay
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • supersonic
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    adverts yeah... but if there isnt a pic on an ebay add you dont buy it do you...

Still not the point - we have to click the ebay link and make sure it is as described. Ebay can be very slow too. I'd rather not do this. Just copy and paste your ebay ad into the BR text. You can hyperlink ebay images too. Thi sis a 30 second job now...