BlackBerry v Iphone

jacktheoc
jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
edited June 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Im after a new phone in the next few weeks and im pretty set on one of these two.
My brother has got an Iphone 3Gs and its awesome especially all the apps and the fact it being an Ipod aswel. But alot of my mates have blackberrys and are always going on about how good they are and all this BlackBerry Messenger sh*t and i prefer the feel of the Blackberry over the Iphone.
What do people think.?
Its the 3Gs id be getting, dont like the look of the Iphone 4 as much and that signal thing would do my t*ts in :P

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    get the 4, it does more and is better equipped to last longer.
    Constant updates from apple also keep your iphone ahead of the blackberry crowd.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • jacktheoc
    Hmm Never really looked at the 4, Thought it would be too much of a bitch to get hold off?
    Il see what other comments i get..
  • xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    I ve got the 3GS and i ll be honest i cannot see past it. Boy in the shop got the 4 the other day and it looks nice. But the only thing i note is that it now has flash for pictures and it has a front facing camera also. other than that the 3GS is as good.

Even with the new OS 4 it works fine. The multi tasking, and other new additions are really good and work well with the 3GS.

Sure some folk jail broke theres months ago and got the updates back then.

Cannot see past my 3GS and i got it in Jan.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Have an iphone 3GS and it's superb, my boss got his iphone 4 delivered yesterday, and the quality of the screen blew me away, I thought the screen on the 3GS was good, but the HD screen on the 4 is so crisp!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • jacktheoc
    Damn looks like the 4 is getting the vote lol.
    Il have a look into it, Main reason i didnt is because of the signal issues and the fact they will be sold out most places and be a fortune monthly.. Thought i might be able to get an orite deal on the 3GS.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I hate apple products, I-pods etc, never a fan................................but I absolutely love my iphone, seriously, mines the 3gs and its great, shite battery but I hammer mine daily and its always got me through the day
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    played with the 3gs and 4, not that much of a difference personally, blackberry, would'nt pee on it if it was on fire. So call me a total apple hater especially.

HTC for the win now used to be a nokia lover, for years, really wanted the N97 mini but though to try something different and got the HD2 (the desire i wish i waited for however) but the HD2 is a brilliant piece of kit and still much faster that the iphone 4 when we put them both together.

but, what do you really want your phone for? if there was a final choice with the above, iphone it would have to be, the 4 is easy to get hold of but like anything else wait a month or two then get that price drop etc, so 3gs is the winner for me but dont be impaitient like me! haha take your time, really look into it, especially with contract lengths these days! :roll:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    but, what do you really want your phone for?

Exactly that. These new technologies seemed to be creating a 'must have' necessity.
  • tptvmbircn
    tptvmbircn Posts: 782
    supersonic wrote:
    but, what do you really want your phone for?

Exactly that. These new technologies seemed to be creating a 'must have' necessity.

and thats why i think i went for the hd2, an extra tenner on collab software with thunderbird and i got my bit electronic diary that syncs with the PC. the medical condition i have, i forget things even more now than ever! (where did i leave my bike again?) :lol:
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    My advice would be to go and try a few of them out, different phones suit different people.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I love my BB Storm 2 - awesome phone and they have vastly improved the features (vs gen 1 Storm) its intuitive, syncs with itunes/WMplayer, and doesnt crash.. has all the functionality of the iphone... not saying there are better, just that I had the choice and got the BB
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i like my blackberry, but i like a phone to make calls, send messages and have a querty keyboard, nothing else really.

if you want loads of apps and whatnot, the iphone is far far superior but i think it is a worse actual phone.
  • jacktheoc
    Thanks for the replies. Il mainly be using it for Texting, Calls and Internet. Also would like to whack some music on it (Iphone ftw), thats about it really, few pictures but noting special.
    Like the idea of the Iphone as ive seen some quality apps aswell
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Recently Ive had the HTC Magic and I just got an insurance replacement off Vodafone for it. They didnt have any Magics left so opted for a BB Bold 9700.

Apps wise the Blackberry is awful. Totally not an apps phone. Get the blackberry for emails/ texting and phone calls. Its great for schedules/ calendars and things like that also. Very business orientated. Music on it is not bad but It's not really what it's designed for. The BB AppWorld has a lot of useful stuff on it but the search and rating functions on it are aweful. I never got on with the touch screen BB I tried. Even in comparison to the Magic the screen is poor.

The Magic was good. The Android app store is severely under rated in my opinion. There are also a lot of things you can get on there that cost nothing and are not available on the iphone. Proper Google maps, Google Sat Nav, Google Goggles all excellent and free. Theres loads of other great Google apps too as well as most that are available on the iPhone but it still falls short. Screen quality is good and the touchscreen isnt bad its just not as good as Apple.

Other android devices come very close to the iphone. The Nexus One and Desire are fantastic. A match for the iphone in almost every sense. Almost.

I was in the same boat as you. Hang onto my BB or get and Android or iPhone4. The 3GS isnt as good as the Android devices IMO so I was swaying in that direction but I think as a complete package the iPhone 4 is head and shoulders above anything else at the moment. I am going to go for one of the 12 month Tesco contracts and the 16GB model. £200 then £35 a month for 12 months. Pretty good deal and same coverage as O2.

You wouldn't be too disappointed with an android or BB phone until you used an iPhone4. They are absolutely superb. The HD video is a bonus! Hope that helps!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    iphone fan here - for me its the social phone & the BB is a work phone
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    For me iPhone... but for others Blackberry, its personal. My mate sweats by his HTC, he cant get past the iPhones suposed lack of advancement in the hardware, and huge price for what he descirbes as simple.... But for me the iPhone is as advanced as id ever need or notice, it has by far the best software... and is both easy and a delight to use. i love it.

Iv used every iPhone incarnation bar the 4, and they are all loverly, although the 3g was i think the bigest step from the last one, the s and 4 are just minor imporvements... the 3g took the old one and made it amazing.

anyway.... for me its the iPhone... BB's are just a pain and hard to use and dont "feel" nice or "special" in the same way the Apple does. Apple are a great company too, IME.

Just a shame i dont actually have one.... moneys tight and all that.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Gibbo216
    Gibbo216 Posts: 29
    I have a HTC desire, and I love it, quicker and more usable features than my mates iPhone, swappable battery and upgradable memory, plus free google 'TomTom'. Can't wait for the Froyo update.