2011 Orange Five

BigStu2
BigStu2 Posts: 794
edited June 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Ahh, Mountain Biking heaven right here folks.

http://www.orangebikes.co.uk/news/view/2011_five_video/
.........all
...at........work
fun..................&
..no.............no
.....is......play

Comments

• reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    That's my dream bike! :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i wonder if it will need a couple of minor tweaks but still score a 10 compared to the minor changes needed by its closest competitor which only scores a 9.
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    You know, I've always liked the look of oranges but never bothered to buy one. Maybe because I'm happy with my pig iron kona!
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    And I just had a gander at the rest of the orange site.

The five diva seems the right geometry for me.

I am not a 'diva'.

I am not female.

I AM JUST BUILT LIKE A SHORT WEASEL!!!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Some great riding in there... Though they're inexplicably slow on the berms at spooky woods...

I really want to take that MBR guy and make him do a blind test with a tapered steerer fork and a stepped down standard steerer fork, see if he can tell any difference :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    Northwind wrote:
    I really want to take that MBR guy and make him do a blind test with a tapered steerer fork and a stepped down standard steerer fork, see if he can tell any difference

I'd like to know the result!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I also like that for MBR, when they got the Strange five with the slacker head angle that was the best geometry ever, and now that Orange have announced that the Five is unchanged geometry wise for 2011 after all, that's also the best geometry ever :lol: They're not even subtle about it.

Not to doubt that it'll be a great bike of course, it definately will be.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It was also the best geo ever before they changed it... Give or take a few degrees...
  • Duffer
    Duffer Posts: 379
    I would love an Orange Five (and will probably look into buying one some day) except for one tiny detail, which really bothers me - no full length cable outers?!?! It would cost pocket money for them to change the cable guides, but they don't bother.

I own two bikes - one is made from some old scaffold poles found in a skip in Doncaster, and the other is a cheap Enduro knock-off. Yet both of these bikes come with full length outers. So why not the Five? A small detail, that would drive me mad - and seriously make me think twice about buying one. (i suppose a psychologist would say i have an OCD or something)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    supersonic wrote:
    It was also the best geo ever before they changed it... Give or take a few degrees...

dont forget you need the maxle rear end, and the brakes arent the most powerful, so upgrade them to m4's and the fox forks lack control, so you need the optional FIT model :wink:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Sorry, I'm just not a fan of the 5s at all. Never have been.

I'm sure that are good bikes and all, but to me, they just seem a bit overhyped and ugly enough to make small children sick. Oh, not to mention overpriced (like all of Oranges offerings).
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Sorry, I'm just not a fan of the 5s at all. Never have been.

I'm sure that are good bikes and all, but to me, they just seem a bit overhyped and ugly enough to make small children sick. Oh, not to mention overpriced (like all of Oranges offerings).

+ potato, altho a full carbon 5 would be interesting :lol: very unlikely thats ever gonna happen though :lol:
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    How did they get away with machining the headtube and forks to make them tapered!?! :lol: