TLI Monyash RR - Sunday 27th June

Pinarello Marc
Pinarello Marc Posts: 29
edited July 2010 in Amateur race
TLI Monyash RR - Sunday 27th June

All TLI categories. Massed start in 3 groups based on ability.

Event Details:
Discipline: Road
Distance: 41.8 miles
Date: 27.06.2010
Closing date for entries: 07.06.2010
Cheques Payable To: J S Collins
Entries on the day: Yes

Entry Fees:
£8 for TLI members / £16 non members.
Entries on line £16. No Day Licences.

Promoted By:
Sheffrec CC, Whirlow Wheelers and Sharrow CC.

Main Street, Chelmorton,
Taddington, Derbyshire SK17 9SH.

Entries to Race Organiser:
Peter Dungworth
24 Ox Close Ave,
Bradway
Sheffield S17 4PA
Tel 0114 236 3229

http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/events/monyash_road_race.html

This is a new event for 2010 and a chance to race on a new circuit within the beautiful Peak District on quiet roads. Refreshments at the HQ afterwards.

Prizes on the day, supported by the promoting clubs.

Comments

• Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I've got to hand it to SheffRec for putting on road races. You don't have a map/description of the course do you ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Here you go Tom:

4looqp.jpg

Course Description:

HQ
      The Chelmorton Institute Hall, Main Street, Chelmorton, Nr Taddington Derbys SK17 9SH.

For the convenience of residents please park only on the HQ side of Main Street.

COURSE

The Riders will ASSEMBLE at 10.00 am prompt from outside the Chelmorton Institute, Main Street. PROCEED (neutralised), behind lead safety car, down Main Street in a southerly direction. Turn left at Townhead Farm (CARE) and climb the hill until the first right turn (CARE), sign-posted Flagg, and stop for the deneutralised START (Distance from HQ = 2.48 km.)

START (CARE) The Riders will PROCEED downhill toward Town Head (CARE / 420 m point) and continue through Flagg (CARE / = 1.36 km point) and through ‘S’ bends and past Townend Farm (GREAT CARE / 2.04 km point) and onwards until turn right at Hubber Dale (CARE / 2.48 km point) and proceed past Dyke Head Farm (CARE) and onward to Monyash. Immediately upon entering Monyash turn sharp left (CARE / 4.32 km point) onto Horse Lane, a narrow minor road (CARE), to Red House whereupon turn left (CARE / 6.42 km point) and continue past High Low (CARE / 6.66 km point) and through the FINISH (CARE / 8.91 km point) and through Hubber Dale (CARE / 9.46 km point) and onwards for a further 2.01 km past Taddington Moor (CARE) toward Chelmorton for a final left turn (CARE / 10.47 km point) to complete circuit.

FINISH opposite lay-by on straight flat minor unclassified road leading north westwards from Bole Hill approximately 500 metres from junction with Hubber Dale. See map for further details.

Lap distance = 11.3 km / 7.06 miles / 5 laps, then continue on circuit for 9.3 km to Finish = total race distance 67 km or 41.8 miles. (See map for further details.)
      Use of ultra light tyres are not recommended.

Following cars are not allowed and contra flow cars are discouraged as some of these roads are very narrow. There is ample parking on the circuit including near the FINISH. Please help us by keeping children and pets under control, particularly at the FINISH.
    • Provisional rider list here:

http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/road_race/monyash_rr_rider_list.pdf

Entries still open, email Peter Dungworth - peter@bradway.co.uk
    • Provisional rider list here:

http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/road_race/monyash_rr_rider_list.pdf

Entries still open, email Peter Dungworth - peter@bradway.co.uk
    • Pokerface
      Pokerface Posts: 7,960
      Just saw this - looks like a great race. have emailed to see if I can still pre-enter. Not keen on paying double to EOL!!
    • amaferanga
      amaferanga Posts: 6,789
      Fantastic circuit in the Peaks. Organisation was excellent. Well done Sheffrec and Marc!
      More problems but still living....
    • Pokerface
      amaferanga wrote:
      Fantastic circuit in the Peaks. Organisation was excellent. Well done Sheffrec and Marc!

I was there. You would have known me as the guy that got passed by all 3 groups.

Great race - but the climbs were simply too much for me. Legs still hurting today!
    • sheffsimon
      sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
      Pokerface wrote:
      amaferanga wrote:

I was there. You would have known me as the guy that got passed by all 3 groups.

Great race - but the climbs were simply too much for me. Legs still hurting today!

What colours were you in Pokerface??

Was a great circuit, well organised, and great weather! Got thru 2 big bottles, bit painful in scratch group at times, but once it became clear after 3 strongest riders had gone up the road that we were catching f**k all, it settled into a nice ride :)
    • Pokerface
      SheffSimon wrote:
      Pokerface wrote:
      amaferanga wrote:

See my profile pic.
    • sheffsimon
      Pokerface wrote:
      SheffSimon wrote:
      Pokerface wrote:
      amaferanga wrote:

See my profile pic.

Good idea. You must have been the guy with training tights on??
    • Pokerface
      SheffSimon wrote:
      Pokerface wrote:
      SheffSimon wrote:
      Pokerface wrote:
      amaferanga wrote:

See my profile pic.

Yeah. They help keep my artificial leg in place. :oops:
    • sheffsimon
      Pokerface wrote:
      SheffSimon wrote:
      Pokerface wrote:
      SheffSimon wrote:
      Pokerface wrote:
      amaferanga wrote:

See my profile pic.

'kin 'ell, and I thought my race was hard.

Well done to you, you must have been roasting on Sunday :shock:
    • Pokerface
      SheffSimon wrote:

'kin 'ell, and I thought my race was hard.

Well done to you, you must have been roasting on Sunday :shock:[/quote]

Used to it - although it was particularly warm on Sunday. Wish I had opted to carry more than one bottle!
    • Thanks guys. Sunday was fantastic, the wind didnt help though. The back of the circuit looked a hard slog from the car!!!

Well done to everyone who rode and supported the event. We are now looking to build on this and are having a meeting next week to plan for next year.

Thought that the HQ was awesome, free cake, what more do you want!!!

Full results coming soon.
    • sheffsimon
      Just had a look at the video thats been produced for this race - very good I thought, not something you see very often.

Didnt feature much meself :( but a few lads who post on here do get a mention.

Have a look on TLI North Mids web page

http://www.theleagueinternational.com/northmidlands.htm