my hotel room......

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited June 2010 in The Crudcatcher
was like a fooking sauna last night!!!! at least in wales we have a breeze cos we have mountains :lol:

anyone else in london? is it always like this? there was no breeze, no cool air, no air con (cheap ass travelodge) i had the worse nights sleep of my life. i had a cold shower at 3 am to cool down, only problem was it woke me up so much i couldn't get back to sleep :lol:

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    yes
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    i was in london thursday night and friday night....

the aircon worked fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine! 4* hotel overlooking hyde park thanks very much!

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Happened to me in a travel lodge in london once. Plus the room was next to the bloody tube line.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    You get what you pay for with cheap rooms.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    In 94, there was a train strike, so I had sleep on my office floor in Bishopsgate quite a few times. ( Got paid tho..)

Think it was in the high 20s/low 30s. Sticky, muggy. Yuk!

Good thing was, I was able to ride in a few times, from Colchester, 55 miles.
    Occasionally back to Chelmsford too, 35 miles. Mtb with slicks.

90 miles and an 8 hr day...

GOD, I was fit back in 94!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Yes London centre is hot and sticky, we used to compare it to Gotham. But I cannot hate a place I love so much, but I cannot love a place I hate in equal measure.

Go figure.....

All I can say is go to Simpsons of Cornhill and eat the baked cheese, or SoHo and the HK centre for an amazing lunch
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?