Boardman Hardtail

Neme
Neme Posts: 2
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Got a Boardman Team Hardtail on order :) , looking to get a few bits and pieces before it arrives.

Anyone know what size Lizardskin Chainstay protector is the best fit?

Thank for any info.

Comments

• chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Looks like it needs a jumbo one, or whichever the medium is. Ask in Halfords, they should know.
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    am getting one too. If anyone wants any speed kings let me know.

am still wondering...despite the spec being mile better...should I go for a cube ltd...head says no. heart says yes
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    No. Heavier frame, heavier bike, worse components. Unless it really fits you better.
  • xCatch22x
    xCatch22x Posts: 36
    I have both the boardman team HT and FS and both are excellent bikes. No way I would pay 1500 to 2k for a simialr spec bike. I know for a fact that I as well as many other riders will not find the limits of their bike, which begs the question of why pay so much for one?

I think the named brands, not that Boardman isn't, are simply like wearing designer clothes. The maybe look better, but dont do anything better than george at asda.

Wayne.

PS SuperSonic, did a few Westwood runs last week. Cant get my headcam to point in the right direction just yet. Vids when I do.
  • Hyufsko
    Hyufsko Posts: 37
    Some names are known for quality.

Specialized FSRxc Comp '10
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Many Halfords brands are built by... the same people who build Specialized. Merida.
  • rieko
    rieko Posts: 121
    Trouble is though, you have to shop at Halfords for a Halfords bike :P
    Giant TCR
    Giant TCX
  • xCatch22x
    xCatch22x Posts: 36
    rieko wrote:
    Trouble is though, you have to shop at Halfords for a Halfords bike :P

I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm an ex Halfords Manager and left 10 years ago to pursue a more meaningful career. I did enjoy my time there but as they started making cut backs to staffing levels it made the whole retail experience poor, IMHO of course.

As people always say, you pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Not true all of the time, but getting a dedicated cyclist/enthusiast to work for the pay they were offering was difficult to say the least.

Wayne.
  • Dubzy
    Dubzy Posts: 123
    The Boardmans have the Halfords stigma but don't let that put you off. There is too much bike snobbery for my liking and this forum reflects that. They are great bikes IMHO and woth every penny for the spec alone.

Dubzy
    Life's good

Boardman MTB Team
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    I got a large chainstay protector for the FS.

Get at least one new tyre ready too, Speed Kings are lethal on the front! Rolls nicely on the back though.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike