Good Morning Crudites

Gazlar
Gazlar Posts: 8,084
edited June 2010 in The Crudcatcher
morning all, off out now to keep the wheels of industry turning

Woke at half 2 then went and slept on the settee, with the patio doors open, too hot upstairs and had a wierd dream about being on a lads holiday I'd won in sith efrica, it involved cocktails, brawling girls, two ninja's in diamante ninja suits fighting, club reps and ron atkinson singing a cabaret turn, bizarre, but great, so much so i had to snooze to find out the end of it

Well, thats me off then, so what are you guys up to?
Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
Amy
Farnsworth
Zapp

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I dreampt it rained last night? or did i?

Very busy day today and i get to leave the bunker for a few hours which is nice, even get to go to the sea side :) (for work) :cry:

Riding tonight, can only hope it gets cooler.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    got sports day at school, if it doesn't rain that is
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    I dreampt it rained last night? or did i?

It rained here last night. :(

Still a bit drizzley this morning, but still came in on the bike. Managed to wheel-spin away from a standing start. :shock:

It's already warm though and the roads seem to be drying out. Last day of the month for me to get some serious miles in, should be able to get my total to over 400.

I would appear to have 2 snake & pigmy pies in my backpack for 2nd breakfast, which will happen shortly.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    jay12 wrote:

ahh school sports day, I always remember the advice my dad gave me

"you're useless and you'll never be any good at anything"

how I proved him
    :lol:
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Morning. I've yet to actaully wake up and feel like I've slept. I want somewhere cold to sleep. Even the garage isn't cold. I miss my old cellar.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    gazderry wrote:
    jay12 wrote:

ahh school sports day, I always remember the advice my dad gave me

"you're useless and you'll never be any good at anything"

how I proved him

in high school we do proper events though like 800m, javelin, shot put 400m etc.
  • VWsurfbum
    its just started hammering down here, according to my night staff it didnt rain?
    this will make for some slippery trails this evening? it will also probably make our riding pack down to 2 from 5 as the others are fair weather riders! (yes rich i do mean you if your reading this) :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    As a pose to what? I can't remember ever not doing things like that for a sports day :S

Although the shit put 400m sounds quite tiring. I imagine it leaves a lot of holes in the track too.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Well, after a day of it PlSSING DOWN here yesterday and all night, I woke this morning to another glorious day.

If I get all my work for today finished in time, I'll be off for a ride with the local club tonight. Only been once before and hated it. It was full of XC race whippets all in their team lycra. Too fast on the uphills, and too slow on the downhills. I'm hoping that tonight will be different. Also hoping I might be able to use this ride to find some new trails.

Soooo busy at work right now though. Our new French license goes live today, meaning the first proper testing of all my new systems all at the same time. Am I bricking it? You bet your ass I am!

10 More Sleeps
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    I'm beginning to wish that i had gone to bed a bit earlier last night after having to go to work at 6 am :cry:

Now i have a long day at college which will as boring as watching paint dry.

Oh and to top it all off it's raining, just as i get the bits to fix my bike :x
  • VWsurfbum
    alexj2233 wrote:
    cant you fix the bike if it rains then?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • alexj2233
    alexj2233 Posts: 381
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    alexj2233 wrote:
    cant you fix the bike if it rains then?

Yes, but iv'e not had the chance to ride nice dry trails.
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    Meh.

That is all.
    "I ride to eat"
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Stuart_C wrote:
    Meh.

That is all.
    +1
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    first day at work after 5 days sitting on the toiolet. Lost a stone in weight and I'm HUNGRY.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • stuart_c-2
    Morning all,

Ok, have had a coffee now so feeling a little more conversational. Woke up to rain this morning, lucky today is a car day.

I think I’m currently down to about 1 coffee a week, compared to a few months ago when it was about 5 a day, or a couple of years back in my old job and it was 1 an hour. I’m still not sure whether cutting back is good for me. The last thing I tried to quit was chocolate, that did not go well. What are others views on caffeine and fitness and health and all that jazz?

I always have my music collection on random at work and have just gone from Man in the Mirror, to Uncle Fucker, to the theme from Jaws. Weird.

A quick question for avid Avid users. I bled my back brake over the weekend and it would appear I now need to “reset my pistons” but the Avid instructions are currently at my parents house. How do you do this? Might be out on bike tonight and don’t want to really on purely front brake or I’ll do what my brother did last week.

Mid morning snack = fail. No biccies, only Polo’s and a bananananana.

Is it 5 yet?
    "I ride to eat"
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Ergh, today I feel wrong...not ill just wrong.

I poked myself in the eye too......what an idiot. I am trying to work but the website I need to use is down..so I am doing very little, which would be a good thing but having a deadline for this work means it is pretty annoying!

Off snowboarding tonight though :)
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    edited June 2010
    i'm stuck in a conference about how to protect kids from naughty people on the internet!! and it's dull :roll:

at least i get tonight off and i'm gonna meet some mates and grab a beer in covent garden :lol:
  • stuart_c-2
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm stuck in a conference about how to protect kids from naighty people on the internet!! and it's dull :roll:

What’s the biggest cause of paedophilia?

Sexy children!

I’ll get my coat.
    "I ride to eat"
  • welshkev
    Stuart_C wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    i'm stuck in a conference about how to protect kids from naighty people on the internet!! and it's dull :roll:

Sexy children!

I’ll get my coat.

*groan* :wink::lol:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    Morning all. With 20 auctions finished and 6 yet to finish on Ebay, I'm up to £201.15. Not bad, considering it was just old crap I was clearing out to get it out of the way.

As a result, today will be spent preparing and posting stuff that I've sold. I'll be turning up to the post office with a massive bulging sack. I imagine I'll take a bag with things I've sold too.
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    I arrived in work at 8:30am only to realise that I wasn't supposed to be in til 2pm as i'm working til midnight.
    So I am currently hiding in our theatre trying to avoid being asked to do stuff.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • welshkev
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    I arrived in work at 8:30am only to realise that I wasn't supposed to be in til 2pm as i'm working til midnight.
    So I am currently hiding in our theatre trying to avoid being asked to do stuff.

that's no different from a normal day for you :lol:
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    welshkev wrote:
    ol\'gregg wrote:

that's no different from a normal day for you :lol:

Technically you're right there Kev but you're just jealous :D
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Hey everyone!

Today I am still doing my First-Aid training, though I'm about to be assessed in a couple of hours wooo :?

No sign of my BRL ticket yet, should I be worried?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    im on the first day of a year long holiday, well until i start work full time :lol::lol:

got my BR tickets last week, still waitin for my paramore ticket tho :cry:
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    welshkev wrote:
    Stuart_C wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Sexy children!

I’ll get my coat.

That's what she said. :oops:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    welshkev wrote:
    Stuart_C wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

Sexy children!

I’ll get my coat.

That's what she said. :oops:

oh dear :lol: :P
  • stuart_c-2
    thekickingmule, when I did my 1st aid training a couple of years back we had a couple of good looking girls on the course. 1 of the tasks, we had to pair up and practice putting on a shoulder sling on each other, I was paired up with 1 of the girls. Then the instructor said for the next bit we should probably change pairs so that girls were with girls and guys with guys. She then said that we now had to try and do the same thing, but blindfolded. Curses!!!!!11one! :evil: :evil:
    "I ride to eat"
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Afternoon, and the sun is creeping back out.. YAY 8)
    Advocate of disc brakes.