Glasto; Orbital...Any suggestions for good CD's?

Splottboy
Splottboy Posts: 3,695
edited June 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Really enjoyed the Glastonbury concert on TV.
Mrs has ordered best of Faithless - She'll never grow up!
Got me loads of Mr Wonder, so...

What's a great CD/CD's of Orbitals music?
Also, The Orb or William Orbit too?

I love my Jean Michel Jarre/Vangelis/Enigma/Walter Carlos/OMD/Human League/Eno.
Might get into Tangerine Dream this later year too.

Thanks...

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The orb, and William Orbit are very different to Orbital, it should be pointed out.

Anyway, a great Orbital album is "In Sides". Classic.
  • Splottboy
    Yeah, the Wiki told me that, as I was a bit confused til then !

I'll try to get the "In Sides" CD, or my technokids can download it for me. Think if it's like the Glasto style, I'll like it.

I'll keep the Orb/Orbit stuff on my radar too.

Diolch.
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    Sod the best of faithless. Reverence is much better. Just got their latest one (The dance I think) and it's not bad.
  • Anonymous
    The orbital albums always seemed more laid back than their live stuff though, mind. Still great music.
  • Splottboy
    Reverence...The groups name?

We are OLD you know!

Put it this way, I saw Toots and the Maytals live around 72/73.
  • Anonymous
    no no, the album called "reverence" by Faithless.
  • Tartanyak
    Nah, reverence is Faithless's first album. Lots of their non-singley type tracks are on there and make a nice change. In fact, they're better after a couple of listens.

Fifttttttttttttttttttttttttttty-fouuuuuuuuuuuuuuur forty-six was my numbaaaaaaa

<goes off to find where he's put the Toots and the Maytals tracks>
  • Splottboy
    "Give it to me on time! Give it to me 2 times!!! "
    Toots, the Reggae king, more Jamaican No1's than Mr Marley and gang.

OK, Reverence is the CD Title. Got it.
    Now, where did I put my ear-trumpet and zimmer frame???
  • Tartanyak
    I've been very much enjoying the Glasto videos.

I was thinking this earlier - have you got Orbital's Blue Album? I like that one.
  • Splottboy
    Got nothin by them at all.

Think my accident/injury compensation gona be going to Amazon soon!
  • Tartanyak
    I need to donate some money to amazon for some books. I hate flying and travelling in general without stuff to read.

Though I always get complaints when I get a book out while I'm driving :( Not like anyone notices the difference.
  • Splottboy
    Took a bus from London to Greece and back around 1976.

Was told that some Euro drivers used to put a brick on the acccelerator, get out a book - no CD/DVD's back then! - and drive across from country to country!!!!

Going thro the Austrian Alps, at dawn, everyone asleep, Greek bus driver was tired so nudged his mate to swap. Stood up while matey was still asleep. NO ONE DRIVING!
    By the time I woke my girlfriend, the swap was completed. I was speechless...
  • Tartanyak
    Man, I never realise BMW made buses... :D Otherwise someone should have commented on the driving!
  • Splottboy
    Just saw your address, Didn't know a Steve Bentley did you?
    Sutton in Ashfield area, perhaps? Not sure.

Was in Newark Tech with him. Must be mid 40s by now.

Great guy, total nutter!
  • Turrican
    Turrican Posts: 755
    have a listen to Orbitla on Spotify i got full albums on there and on i tunes, BUT i must add cant listen to it on Spoty if ont online unless buy Premium. Hope it helps
    I don't have a bike addiction problem.....bikes seems to have a problem with me.....it just can't seem to stay on.

http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/FlowRideR661/
    http://flowrider661.pinkbike.com/
  • Anonymous
    Splottboy wrote:
    Was told that some Euro drivers used to put a brick on the acccelerator, get out a book - no CD/DVD's back then! - and drive across from country to country!!!!
    One of my ex girlfriends was a trucker (and no, she was actually very cute!) - youngest female HGV driver in Britain, or something.
    Anyway... I went out with her for a few runs, and she'd regularly have her feet up on the dashboard, reading a magazine, and kind of check the general heading of the truck every now and again.
    Freaky stuff :shock:
  • Tartanyak
    I know pretty much no-one around here :( I'm here as a kinda temporary thing between living in Yorkshire and other stuff. Cheaper and at the time I thought I'd have to be in an office in Nottingham a couple of times a week. Turns out I don't, but I didn't know that...
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    The only Orbital Album I own is Middle of Nowhere. But I only really like track 2, 3 and 4 which go great in a row.
  • a.palmer
    a.palmer Posts: 504
    In Sides and Snivilisation are my favourite Orbital albums, get both
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    UFOrb is a great album, trancey, dancey, great samples. <90s>The kind of album I like listening to after the club / rave finishes </90s>
  • Anonymous
    mr_si wrote:
    UFOrb is a great album, trancey, dancey, great samples. <90s>The kind of album I like listening to after the club / rave finishes </90s>
    Again... That's "The Orb", not "Orbital"
    Two different groups.
  • Splottboy
    Wow! The list grows ever longer.
    Seems like theres a lot of stuff I missed in the 90's up til now.

So, I'll do some searchin bout the suggestions/recommendations.

Ta.
  • Anonymous
    "Exit Planet Dust" by the Chemical brothers was also a great 90s album. More "accesible" than their current stuff I reckon, and great music to drive to. It's in a similar vein to quite alot of Orbital's music as well in many respects.
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    +1 on In Sides as probably Orbitals best album, if you like that I'd lay bets you'd love early Underworld, (dubnobasswithmyheadman)....happy memories :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Meh, I truly hate underworld with a passion :twisted:
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Sorry Guy, brown album is the best by a country mile,
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    Meh, I truly hate underworld with a passion :twisted:

pah, you have right to your opinion even when it's wrong "dirty epic" is better than anything the Chemical Brothers did..(true) :)
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Underworld always seemed to rock on the Megadog nights
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Live 93 by the orb, or just adventures beyond the ultraworld. I'm quite anal in having 17 different remixes of little fluffy clouds.

Orbital is harder. Stuff the lot and just go for Aphex Twin ambient works 1. But then you still have KLF with the chill out album which is quite nice.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?