Leisure Lakes Series at Cheltenham Racecourse

ju5t1n
ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
edited June 2010 in Amateur race
Anyone here riding these? I’m going to have a go this evening and wondered what the hill is like?

Comments

• roadracedave
    roadracedave Posts: 107
    Hi, I am :) There a great series.. really well organised and good fun. I wouldn't really call it a hill as such as it only last a hundred metres or so. It goes up then levels off for a couple of metres before going up to the top.

There are spectators all the way up the incline which gives you an extra buzz of energy! Its when you turn right at the top that the legs hurt, as the surface isnt amazing and you have to try and reform the pack after people have attacked on the climb.

You are able to carry quite a lot of the speed into the climb as there is a flat smooth run in, although with a tight-ish chicane, to the bottom. Its definately a big ring climb and the pack spreads out going up so is fairly easy to stay on :)

Definately worth coming along and giving it a go! Looks like it is going to be a warm, dry night tonight as well :D
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    Hi, I am :) There a great series.. really well organised and good fun. I wouldn't really call it a hill as such as it only last a hundred metres or so. It goes up then levels off for a couple of metres before going up to the top.

There are spectators all the way up the incline which gives you an extra buzz of energy! Its when you turn right at the top that the legs hurt, as the surface isnt amazing and you have to try and reform the pack after people have attacked on the climb.

You are able to carry quite a lot of the speed into the climb as there is a flat smooth run in, although with a tight-ish chicane, to the bottom. Its definitely a big ring climb and the pack spreads out going up so it is fairly easy to stay on :)
    I disagree, but then its not my sort of racing. there are a few 1st cat juniors who turn up and wind up the pace.
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I’m glad you said that ...I finished a lap down! That hill doesn’t suit me either, bigger than I was expecting and comes round once very 1min 40 seconds ...I’m 14 stone FFS!